Diesel Place banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post. Great forum. I have a 2007 silverado classic crew cab with the lbz engine. I am looking for a programmer to use on the lower settings for some extra hp and mileage. Has anyone used the PPE Xcellerator? I am not planning on modifying the transmission. I want the truck to still shift smooth as stock if possible. You always read about negatives, how about some good reviews. Thanks. Ronnie

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hey Ronnie, I just put the PPE Hot+2 in my truck today. My trans is still stock for now so I'm not going above the 3rd level. I'm hoping to put enough miles on it tomorrow so the trans can learn what it needs to learn. Just the little bit I played with it, it has pretty good power on level 3. The shifts feel good too, but I havent pounded it real hard yet. I think I'm gonna have to ditch the ol' lady and get my trans done and lift pump. Besides, I only have one truck, There's lots of gals out there! Just kidding, but I see myself getting addicted to this stuff.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
GMC2500HD;1544577; said:
Well I ran the PPE tuner and the shifts were horrible. The defuel on all levels was too much for me. I would suggest the Hypertech or Predator for better mpg.

You must of been runnig our older version, Please send it back for a free update. The shifting issue has been taken care off. let me know if I can help....

Dan

·
Registered
974 Posts
I'll let you guys know how I like it by monday. I just ordered mine (225hp version) from Dan today. Thanks Dan!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dan, does this mean that the xcellerator shifts pretty much as stock now that the "issues" were resolved on older units? Thanks Ronnie

·
Registered
11,953 Posts
Took awhile to train it but the PPE dosnt seem to shift too bad. I found that the higher the HP level it seemed the better milage I got......I stayed the same or maybe lost a bit on the lower levels.

If anything I would throw the transgo jr kit in the trans. Its cheap and while it wont save your trans it wont hurt. A good addition to any 6 speed trans IMO.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Moronnie;1546755; said:
Dan, does this mean that the xcellerator shifts pretty much as stock now that the "issues" were resolved on older units? Thanks Ronnie

I dont think they will ever be like stock when you are increasing the power so much, However our new tunes shift very nice once the trans has time to learn the new power.....

Dan

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
ratlover;1546868; said:
took awhile to train it but the ppe dosnt seem to shift too bad. I found that the higher the hp level it seemed the better milage i got......i stayed the same or maybe lost a bit on the lower levels. If anything i would throw the transgo jr kit in the trans. Its cheap and while it wont save your trans it wont hurt. A good addition to any 6 speed trans imo.
x2

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the PPE, how do I know if I have the latest program? It shifted poorly in the beginning, but has gotten much better. I'm running on setting "2" and purchased the unit 5 months ago..

Thanks

·
Registered
11,953 Posts
There have been updates I believe. Or call them and let em know the revision number.

It getting better with time is the allison learning.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Potentate;1547672; said:
I have the PPE, how do I know if I have the latest program? It shifted poorly in the beginning, but has gotten much better. I'm running on setting "2" and purchased the unit 5 months ago..

Thanks

You have an older version. Contact me for inforamtion on getting it updated...

Dan

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.