Diesel Place banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered the xcelerator for my LMM,is there anyone running this.If so could you tell me how the power levels feel,any problems to report.thanks

·
Registered
252 Posts
I just ordered the xcelerator for my LMM,is there anyone running this.If so could you tell me how the power levels feel,any problems to report.thanks
What level unit did you buy? I talked with them yesterday and said the hot unit was available today.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i got the 4 level unit

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Man, you will be suprised. I always roll on level 2 then on the weekends level 4 and that thing hauls. On 4 I smoked my buddies Titan, 08 Chevy 1/2 ton, some guys pontiac little sports car and a Ford diesel that was decked out with gauges and exaust and I dont know what else he had, but level 4 flies. If your just criusin, level 4 gets the best mpgs just dont tow on anything over 2. You will love it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I run it on mine on level 4 and at level two occasionally or when towing. It makes a huge difference even at level 2. Make sure yours has the software upgrade in it http://pacificp.com/ppeupdate/lmm/

I am sure they ship with the update. Mine went into limp mode before I upgraded and I was told it was caused by a bug in the old software version. Since I have upgraded I haven't had any problems....

·
Registered
412 Posts
Which Onw Is The Best To Get? I Know Thers A Few Options As To The Numbers That It Offers....

·
Registered
74 Posts
I run mines on level 4 also. It is a beast on wheels. Feel Sorry for the trany though. Even with the transgo jr I still feel I am pushing it. Cant keep my foot from reaching the floor everythime I have a chance! It is so hard for me not to put it a level 5 just to see the diference. I havent yet but I dont know how long I can contain myself! Its like candy for a fat kid(no offense to anyones kid).

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I justed installed it,put it on level 4 and went for a ride WOW.i put it on level one for now to see if i can get some mpg out of it,diesel is 360 around here.I can tell you the transmission shifts alot better now,i really like it

·
Registered
425 Posts
You'll get better mileage out of lvl 4.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
x2 for sure as long as you keep your foot out of it.
What MPG's are you people getting with the level 4? Highway and City

·
Registered
81 Posts
can a dealer tell if you have ever had it on the truck ?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
no as of right now the dealer them selfs can not but if a higher up at gm comes out to look at your truck with his laptop the answer is yes sort of. gm has put in to the computer a counter that counts how many times a computer has been programmed. gm keeps records of any programming done under warranty and can compare the numbers. if the number is off than they know that you have done something to it but as far as i know they can not tell what you did other than something with the programming. very slim chance this will happen to you. i have only seen a higher up come to my dealer once in 5 years.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I also just ordered my Xcelerator from PPE, the lvl 4 one.

I have a question about it though....

What if any modifications should I make to my transmission/torque converter so I'm not leaving metal parts on the road? :)

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
I also just ordered my Xcelerator from PPE, the lvl 4 one.

I have a question about it though....

What if any modifications should I make to my transmission/torque converter so I'm not leaving metal parts on the road? :)
Modify your right foot...don't abuse the truck, i.e. wot in all gears. I'm runnin the 225 hp tune with a stock tranny in my LB7..no problems yet, cuz I din't race around. :D

BTW, I'd ask Mike L. or someone that has lots of hands on with the LMM alli's about what you'd need to do to the tranny..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts