Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the PPE economy and like it, run it on 90hp mostly. Whats the difference in the PPE and the Predator? Is there more diagnostic options with the predator?

·
Registered
248 Posts
I was also choosing between the PPE and the Predator. I went with the Predator just based on cost and diagnostic. I can't contribute to much to this thread because I'm still waiting for it to get back from Diablo.

Andy

·
Registered
134 Posts
If you are only planning on running on the 90 HP setting then why not save yourself the money and get the predator... run the 85HP tune and be able to check diagnostic stuff like your balance rates and a bunch of other stuff? I will give you the link to the cheapest predator that you can find most likely when i get home, its $319 i think thats shipped but i could be wrong. Unless you have a buillt tranny in mind in the near future then dont go with the ppe. just my $.02

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i dont plan on a tranny upgrade but i like the 90HP power. is the predator 85HP at the wheels or flywheel? what else can the predator do? change tire and gear sizes? increase speed limiter? defuel shifts? the predator website isnt very informative. I got my PPE for $400 shipped so $319 shipped isnt bad, maybe i can figure out my P0380 code problem with the predator:rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
Predator does all the above and then some. Real time data that can tell you exactly what your engine is doing, at any given point....All kinds of data. Balance rates, ect.

I got mine for $320 shipped from a vendor here.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
MaxRoadArmor;1586801; said:
yeah i dont plan on a tranny upgrade but i like the 90HP power. is the predator 85HP at the wheels or flywheel? what else can the predator do? change tire and gear sizes? increase speed limiter? defuel shifts? the predator website isnt very informative. I got my PPE for $400 shipped so $319 shipped isnt bad, maybe i can figure out my P0380 code problem with the predator:rolleyes:

A 380 code is glow plug code. Have you checked it out?

Dan

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i know what it is, only way i can seem to figure it out is to goto the dealer and have them scan it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that would be nice, sometimes it stays on and other times it stays off for a day or two, im thinkin it may be the controller because it starts and runs fine. its more annoying than anything.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts