Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to finally Shim my FPRV on Sat. and I am a little nervous but very mechancilly inclineded. I started reading the instructions and is it me or is Step 9 before Step 8????:rolleyes: Thanks for the help

http://www.pacificp.com/pdf/manuals/ShimKit.pdf

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Yeh........your right !!

It's not a hard thing to do........I did mine and I am not "real" mechanically inclined !!

The glow plug harness bracket needed to come out for me to get to the FPRV..........the two bolts that hold the bracket to the head are up under the plate and hard as hell to get out !! Took me like an hour and a half just to remove those two bolts .......hardest part of the job !!

I would definately use a good 6 point wrench for the FPRV too !! Wasn't too hard to remove with one for me !!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the Help. I wish PPE had an exchange program.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My non-shimmed FPRV for one that has been shimmed and ready to just be installed. Like I said doing it will not be a problem but is the directions on your site have step 8 & 9 reveresed? Thanks

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I'd like to know why on their website they have two different size shim,kits you can get. Are some trucks a touch more open than others or what.v It says .37 and .39 or something.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's a Dan ? But good a one

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.