Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
According to PPE level 3 makes 160 extra hp. I dont think soo but still had decent #'s

343hp
650tq

At the rear wheels

Dyno report is in my garage

·
Registered
425 Posts
According to PPE level 3 makes 160 extra hp. I dont think soo but still had decent #'s

343hp
650tq

At the rear wheels

Dyno report is in my garage
Keep in mind that PPE's 160hp claim is at the crank! Not the rear wheel like your measuring. Although using a commonly accepted, standard 30% drivetrain loss, that'd be 112 at the rear wheel. But that still seems high by my seat of the pant-o-meter for lvl 3. Also keep in mind that your large tires will cause you even more drivetrain loss!

Like fire said ... I'd still be curious to see what your stock #'s are though.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I wonder how much your loosing with 35's, mine dyno'd 335/602 stock

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, did not do a stock run but I guess I should have. Going to do it again this spring and I will do a stock run.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wonder how much your loosing with 35's, mine dyno'd 335/602 stock

HUH, a stock LMM has 365hp at the crank and if you divide that by your 335hp run at the rear wheels stock you have a 9% drivetrain loss? :confuzeld
I want to do a pull on your dyno! :D But I'm pretty sure these trucks have a little more than 9% drivetrain loss. More like 25% loss

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
dunno we did it twice and both runs were really close overlaying. westech performance, pretty popular place that does a lot of magazine articles. I'll put a copy of it up if you want.

·
Banned
4,035 Posts
you have to remeber to tht the 365 tht gm claims is with the dpf so like with lbzs truck no dpf stright pipe theres another 15-20 hp right there so would be more like 385 or so stock less drive train loss. i think his numbers are right there for stock iam going to try to put mine back on the dyno here soon and i will do some stock runs for comparison. but i think we will be close. i hope haha

·
Registered
425 Posts
HUH, a stock LMM has 365hp at the crank and if you divide that by your 335hp run at the rear wheels stock you have a 9% drivetrain loss? :confuzeld
I want to do a pull on your dyno! :D But I'm pretty sure these trucks have a little more than 9% drivetrain loss. More like 25% loss

I've seen another LMM dyno 335 stock, and one other dyno slightly over 325

·
Registered
926 Posts
December 07' issue of Diesel Power has a stock LMM @ 303.37 HP and 507.33 ft-lbs. Diesel power, I thought, would be on top of their game. How are these numbers so far off? DPF delete maybe? Diesel Powers torque figures look way off IMO. LMMKing, you show about 35% loss compared to 20-25% loss with stock tires. Gotta run the big rubber!

PS, Dyno used in article was DC Performance.

·
Registered
425 Posts
December 07' issue of Diesel Power has a stock LMM @ 303.37 HP and 507.33 ft-lbs. Diesel power, I thought, would be on top of their game. How are these numbers so far off?
What exactly are you meaning by so far off? I've seen more than a few on here and another in person that were right on w/ the #'s you posted above?

Remember that different trucks are gonna be different. Heck I seen claims of some LMM's dynoing as low as 285hp. Each motor is different, and can produce more or less than the stock # that gm claims.

·
Banned
4,035 Posts
diffrent dynos will defniatley produce diffrent numbers. but if the dynoed 303 or wht evr tht was with a dpf without 325 + with out the dpf is right there

·
Registered
926 Posts
I was talking about the torque #'s. Maybe they are about right, I thought it was a little low.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Fire, do you really think the DPF is holding back 25hp?

I knew it was restrictive, but didn't think it was good for more than like 10hp or so.

·
Registered
410 Posts
The math is this 365 x .3 if thats what were ASSUMING for drivetrain loss that puts you at 255.5 at the wheels adding 160 at the crank with 30% subtracted from that would be 112 so if you add those up your at 367.5 pretty damn close to their estimate if you ask me, plus you got big ol' baloons on there. The truth is in the numbers...

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The math is this 365 x .3 if thats what were ASSUMING for drivetrain loss that puts you at 255.5 at the wheels adding 160 at the crank with 30% subtracted from that would be 112 so if you add those up your at 367.5 pretty damn close to their estimate if you ask me, plus you got big ol' baloons on there. The truth is in the numbers...

Yea, I guess I should have got the SS Duramax with 430hp stock that these other guys got! HAHA :D

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Yea, I guess I should have got the SS Duramax with 430hp stock that these other guys got! HAHA :D
Hey those are top secret :secret:haha jk. but it could also be that Fire and I both have built trannies, less slipping more power to the ground? just a thought

·
Banned
4,035 Posts
yea thts true never thougth abbout tht we would defniately getting more power down. . yea i really do think at least a 15-20 hp loss between the dpf doc and muffler there is a ton of restriction.

·
Registered
118 Posts
GM is notorious for UNDERRATING their HP. The LS1 camaro's were a prime example. Flywheel HP is a joke because every company rates things differently. WHP is what the road is seeing. So forget % losses and crank figures because you'll never get an accurate #.

·
Registered
252 Posts
GM is notorious for UNDERRATING their HP. The LS1 camaro's were a prime example. Flywheel HP is a joke because every company rates things differently. WHP is what the road is seeing. So forget % losses and crank figures because you'll never get an accurate #.
Your right on the HP postings.GM is careful on safe numbers. Government regulations. Posting big numbers and not delivering can backfire. Lots of variables in Dyno runs altitude, air density, temp, but you all know that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts