Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my 2006 Duramaximizer and boost controller installed heres how it went.

First Off the sales rep Rick tells me when installed I will get 40 lbs of boost and will be able to run Duramaximizer full bore with no problems.

I picked up my truck got about 1/2 mile from there shop with boost controller and duramximizer set all the way up and BAM check engine light comes on and no power truck wont even go 20 miles per hour I turn around and head back to thier shop guess what hey are leaving and ask me to come back tomorrow they need to drill a hole In the fuel rail whatever that means.

Next day I come back leave truck their I come to pick It Up Rick again helps me he proceeds to tell me I cannot use my Duramaximizer at full bore and boost can only be at 27 Lbs or I will have problems again ( Is this not false advertisement ?) I paid for a product I cannot even use to Its full potential. He then tells me you jyst need to wait for the programmer and that will solve my problem for another 675 bucks. He said it will be out In 11 days. A LIE i take It.

So I say fine whatever I leave the settings where they reccomended them to not have a problem well guess what couple miles later BAM check engine light I call Him up he says no problem bring It In I will clear the codes. I said what so I have to have my codes cleared everytime I want to drive what a joke I say no you know wwhat have the owner call me no call from the owner I stopped payment on the check I bet the owner will be calling me very shortly Here.

What do you guys think Am I wrong here. Any feedback would help. B

Oh by the way truck Is sitting at my shop havent even been driving It.

Let me know. B

·
Registered
298 Posts
Should of never bought a pressure box in the first place. They have been nothing but problems for alot of people.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Ok, So there a few issues that you are having. I am hypothesizing that you are throwing a p0101 and a p0401, which are the MAF and EGR codes respectively. The fix for the P0401 is a PPE code blocker, which has been working good on my truck and a couple others that i have heard of. This is the same code that free flowing exhaust throws so thats an easy one. The supposed fix for the P0101 is turning off race mode on the boost controller and by turning the boost down.

In my case, PPE earlier told me that oiled filters cause this problem (and likely too much boost as well). I went and cleaned the MAF sensor and that didnt seem to help. Regardless, I have been living with the P0101 for some time and am looking for a solution.

Go to your local autoparts store and get your codes read and post them and maybe we can get back on PPE on what we *really* need to do to fix the problem.

At this point, I am leaning toward suggesting to PPE them that they update their programmer to fix this in the computer. I was planning on purchasing their programmer anyway so if they do that it it would be a bonus.

If anyone has any other general information on the P0101 codes that would be really helpful as well if you want to step in here.......

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I just had my 2006 Duramaximizer and boost controller installed heres how it went.

First Off the sales rep Rick tells me when installed I will get 40 lbs of boost and will be able to run Duramaximizer full bore with no problems.

I picked up my truck got about 1/2 mile from there shop with boost controller and duramximizer set all the way up and BAM check engine light comes on and no power truck wont even go 20 miles per hour I turn around and head back to thier shop guess what hey are leaving and ask me to come back tomorrow they need to drill a hole In the fuel rail whatever that means.

Next day I come back leave truck their I come to pick It Up Rick again helps me he proceeds to tell me I cannot use my Duramaximizer at full bore and boost can only be at 27 Lbs or I will have problems again ( Is this not false advertisement ?) I paid for a product I cannot even use to Its full potential. He then tells me you jyst need to wait for the programmer and that will solve my problem for another 675 bucks. He said it will be out In 11 days. A LIE i take It.

So I say fine whatever I leave the settings where they reccomended them to not have a problem well guess what couple miles later BAM check engine light I call Him up he says no problem bring It In I will clear the codes. I said what so I have to have my codes cleared everytime I want to drive what a joke I say no you know wwhat have the owner call me no call from the owner I stopped payment on the check I bet the owner will be calling me very shortly Here.

What do you guys think Am I wrong here. Any feedback would help. B

Oh by the way truck Is sitting at my shop havent even been driving It.

Let me know. B
Oh yeah and the "hole" that they needed to drill must have been them not shimming your fuel pressure relief valve which would have caused a p1093 dumping rail pressure and sending the truck into limp mode.

·
Registered
345 Posts
pressure box=problems, so i've herd?

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
pressure box=problems, so i've herd?
I never threw any codes until I installed the boost controller, so that has been the bigger problem on my truck.

I was getting a lot of fuel knock with just the duramaximizer installed though....which PPE attributed to a bad injector. interestingly, the injector somehow manages to work prefectly when the Duramaximizer is turned off. Funny how that works. I am trying not to flame them, but seeing that they can't even install their own products properly It seems likely that they may not be around for much longer anyway. lol

·
Registered
345 Posts
Interesting, my bd power pup works well maybe you could try that or the new superchips flashpaq.

·
Registered
609 Posts
B.

What codes did you get?
Did you go back to PPE to get the codes as Rick suggested?

My truck makes 40 psi of boost with the PPE boost controller, but only under certain optimum conditions, but will make 28-30psi every time, it also makes the most power at 28-30psi….

The LBZ trucks I have heard are more sensitive to increased boost without throwing a code, you may even need an egr code eliminator as mentioned in earlier post.

PPE makes good products, I don’t think you look good bashing PPE the way you did, you may have got a defective part from them or maybe your truck is defective, and or ( not all trucks have same tolerances from the factory , that is why I would assume one of the reasons why the Duramaximizer is adjustable)

Find the problem first then Jump….That is what warranties are for……:)

If you had a problem with your new GM truck after paying for it and driving it off the lot, would you have stopped the payment on that too?:confused:

Just some advise, stopping payment on your check for your reasoning is also illegal……

You may be getting a call from the Police instead……:eek:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mark read what I wrote this Is called false advertisement. Did gm tell me I was getting a 2500 and sell me a 1500 no they sold me what they said they were. PPE on the other hand sold me something that does not work the way they said it would. What dont you understand about that ?

·
Registered
609 Posts
mark read what I wrote this Is called false advertisement. Did gm tell me I was getting a 2500 and sell me a 1500 no they sold me what they said they were. PPE on the other hand sold me something that does not work the way they said it would. What dont you understand about that ?

B.

What you do is your business,
You paid for a Duramaximizer and Boost controller right? is that not what you got?
Maybe I mis understood you.... Did you receive other than those two products?
Or is it that you did receive those two products and you cannot turn them all the way up on your truck...

I have not heard of a Rick over at PPE, is he new?
You may want to talk to Dan or Joe I am sure one of them can take care of you....:grd:

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
People ran pressure boxes on the LB7's for quite some time....they got a bad rap but I dont think they are as bad as some thought....not the best way to make power but I dont think they are horrible either.

Ok....I wouldnt trust PPE to shoot you strait. Write wrong or indifferent thats my oppinion and I'm entitled to it. I would try to have someone else read your codes and post em here and maybe a tech can jump in and help. Problem being finding someone that will be able to read your codeds and its not wise to take it to the dealer unless you are really cool with em.

Were are you loacated exactly?

I would be apt to send the stuff back and not pay em a dime....but thats just me. If you want to try and get it to work I would try being a bit nicer to them and explaining yourself in a calm matter(sugar gets you farthur than vinigar) but still not trust a word they say and verify what they say and do.

·
Banned
19 Posts
I think pressure boxes get a bad rap personally, althugh I may be biased. It has to be done right though. Controls are key. Simple analog tricks won't cut it.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Since you mention it PPE in their marketing docs uses the phrase "up to" quite a bit, specifically as it relates to the boost controller. I can agree that if PPE was verbally promising things beyond what is resonable that is wrong, but I suspect that you are going to have a hard time pinning them down on that. Also, Now that you stoped payment they are probably not going to want to help you at all, so you kindof shot yourself in the foot there. I understand why you did it, but I don't think that would have been my course of action. Returning the device as unsatified may have been a better option. Now that it's all said and done though...what has happened? You have the device installed, they don't have their money and you are throwing codes? Any news on which codes you are throwing? Maybe we can help you out.....

I have a feeling that we are watching a lawsuit in the making. This should be interesting.....

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
I'd suggest waiting to mod your truck as the best stuff is still a long ways off. First edition releases for the Duramax seldom last long before revision

·
Registered
609 Posts
Looks like they left out a letter in the word performance:eek: ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
re

So after leaving a message on joe the owner of ppe voicemail still no call back. I am frustrated what should i do ? I just want them to agree to fix It they have not even called me about the stop payment check i think rick pocketed the check and did not turn it in to the company. This place Is so bad I feel screwed here the pod even fell off when I was driving the other day. Geez. B

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
So after leaving a message on joe the owner of ppe voicemail still no call back. I am frustrated what should i do ? I just want them to agree to fix It they have not even called me about the stop payment check i think rick pocketed the check and did not turn it in to the company. This place Is so bad I feel screwed here the pod even fell off when I was driving the other day. Geez. B
My (non legal) advice is to document everything as best you can. Take pictures. Record the time and dates of all of your conversations with PPE and make sure its accurate. If you do all of this you will be able to support your position when the local police or other investigative agency gets involved.

Good luck!

Edit:

One other thought....perhaps you should return the boost controller and duramaximizer and then seek damages for lost time etc....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts