Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just wondering what all of you are running for egt's with a PPE Hot tune. Mine are around 1500 and was wondering if there is anything to lower them, other than nitrous. I did a search and really haven't come up with anything. Any help would be appreciated, thanks kurt

·
Registered
609 Posts
Have you tried PPE's adjustable boost controler?
More air = koooooler exhaust temps:ro)

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Since your sig says that you have a boost stick, the boost controller I don't think is a real viable option for you since you have the other already. N2O would work, or twins. You definately need more air.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hey just wondering what all of you are running for egt's with a PPE Hot tune. Mine are around 1500 and was wondering if there is anything to lower them, other than nitrous. I did a search and really haven't come up with anything. Any help would be appreciated, thanks kurt
I could easily peg my gauge at 1600 on WOT when I was using the Extreme and VA 70 stack, which I didn't do that often. I also had the BS. I'd be careful with this. My truck is in the shop right now with a smoked turbo. I haven't had a chance to physically examine it, but the problem is probably the temperature. I don't race, don't tow and the turbo never saw those temps for more than a second or two at a time. But it's still gone..

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
DH515, turbo replaced under warranty?

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
My truck is in the shop right now with a smoked turbo. I haven't had a chance to physically examine it, but the problem is probably the temperature. I don't race, don't tow and the turbo never saw those temps for more than a second or two at a time. But it's still gone..
OH-NO another one. Man this is getting to be a weekly accourance around here. Good luck in getting your truck fixed, hope its on the road soon

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Knock on wood, but my turbo has seen 1800 or so for 10 second runs and is still alive.. I think that if you've got a good layer of soot built up on them it helps to prolong life. I'll guarantee you I've got a nice layer of soot in there..

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Knock on wood, but my turbo has seen 1800 or so for 10 second runs and is still alive.. I think that if you've got a good layer of soot built up on them it helps to prolong life. I'll guarantee you I've got a nice layer of soot in there..

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I did a little experimenting, pulled the facotry air box off and that dropped my egt's to like 1200, guess I need a cold air LOL. I was also thinking up of upsizing the ic piping, since the factory looks like the use 3" on the ic, they just norrow the pipingin down after that.

Thanks for you input

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
dh515 sorry about your turbo:( We know the feeling

You also have an 4.5 LLY:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts