Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ran with the PPE HOT at the 130HP setting at the track with a stock tranny? Anyone ran with the PPE HOT at 240 setting w/ stage V tranny? I just want to have a ball park figure where I would be at before and after I do my tranny.

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
Has anyone ran with the PPE HOT at the 130HP setting at the track with a stock tranny? Anyone ran with the PPE HOT at 240 setting w/ stage V tranny? I just want to have a ball park figure where I would be at before and after I do my tranny.
Yup
only on the 330 setting.

13's are cake

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Low 14's for stock tranny and 130hp, as for with built tranny, there are many variables. Some guys have run slower(mid 14's) with built tranny and PPE hot on 240.

Most of the time it's hard to compare trucks. Lot of factors,i.e., weight, fine tuning, small other mods(lift pump,shim, etc.), launch tech.,altitute of track, practice, etc.

Hard to guess where you'll be, but I'd say high 13's being conservative.

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
I went 13.90 on the normal PPE Hot with a stock trans.

But not for long. :D 5 passes and the trans limped.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
13.470 with PPE Hot and stage V..never been slower than a 13.8 and that was with a turbo that was hurt and was about to blow...it blew up at about 300ft in the second run after the 13.8. need to get the over boost eliminator though, my truck shuts fuel off when it hits 5th gear...with that it would probably be a 13.0 or 12.9x

on edit: LB7 motor not LLY in case you didnt notice

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
13.470 with PPE Hot and stage V..never been slower than a 13.8 and that was with a turbo that was hurt and was about to blow...it blew up at about 300ft in the second run after the 13.8. need to get the over boost eliminator though, my truck shuts fuel off when it hits 5th gear...with that it would probably be a 13.0 or 12.9x

on edit: LB7 motor not LLY in case you didnt notice
That is being caused most likely by an overboost P0234 code and the engine defaults to LIMP MODE.....effectively limiting fuel.

That would have to be addressed with either programming or the boost fooler to cap the signal.

T:) NY

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
That is being caused most likely by an overboost P0234 code and the engine defaults to LIMP MODE.....effectively limiting fuel.

That would have to be addressed with either programming or the boost fooler to cap the signal.

T:) NY
i know tony,
it doesnt always show the code when racing, it seems to be doing it a lot on the street though. whether the code is thrown or not, it defuels...

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
i know tony,
it doesnt always show the code when racing, it seems to be doing it a lot on the street though. whether the code is thrown or not, it defuels...
The parameters are set so it times the overboost condition, when it sees an out of range value it sets the code, after two times it throws an CEL usually.

There is a fix for it though.......;)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Does the quad defuel on 215?? I've run it on 215 but not all the way through 5th and have'nt had any defuel probs.I'm running 31 psi and have'nt noticed any codes either.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Does the quad defuel on 215?? I've run it on 215 but not all the way through 5th and have'nt had any defuel probs.I'm running 31 psi and have'nt noticed any codes either.
i doubt it does, only quad ive seen in person was stacked with the edge juice/attitude which can fool the sensor.

·
Registered
410 Posts
i doubt it does, only quad ive seen in person was stacked with the edge juice/attitude which can fool the sensor.
Then that's what's keeping it from defueling,because i've got the Edge hooked up but w/ no settings on. Thanks

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
How do you fool the overboost with the juice/attitude, i have both and mine still throws and overboost once in a while.

-Rob-

·
Registered
731 Posts
i dunno but i think im gonna stick with the quad juice racing it seems like it holds power better through the 1/4, the ppe does drive better but when performance matters it really dont bother me. i will be testing both next thursday in the 1/4 at test and tune

·
Registered
410 Posts
How do you fool the overboost with the juice/attitude, i have both and mine still throws and overboost once in a while.

-Rob-
I'm not sure Rob. I can't run the stack up yet, S.C. 4 sittin in the living room.:rant: But I have heard the Quad works better as a stack, w/ the Hot/ edge than the PPE. Don't know I guess we'll see, someone's testing both this weekend at the track.

What are you runnin for boost pres??

·
Registered
946 Posts
PPE Hot +2 ET Eliminator has built in programming to fool it is what I was told from PPE?

·
Registered
731 Posts
i personally like the immediate power from the ppe hot, but like i said before it doesnt feel like it holds power as well from gears 3-5, the track will tell , but i think the quad is gonna get the better et it does drive crappy unlike the ppe but i fuels very hard in 5th

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
PPE Hot +2 ET Eliminator has built in programming to fool it is what I was told from PPE?
yes you can get the hot upgraded to the +2 for $150.00. if i had known that i would of just got the TTS extreme.

brett,i was at the track the day i got to watch the guy with the quad and j/a stacked. on pane and nitrous he ran an 11.75....username on here is kidhollyrock i believe. he was 12.5x all day just with the stack and pane. times in my sig are with PPE hot alone

·
Registered
125 Posts
I ran a 9.1 in the 1/8 with the 130 hp tune and a stock tranny

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Looking at old 1/4 mile stock tranny time slips, a 9.1-1/8 mile is a 14.3 1/4 mile time.
Your right! On my 13.93 1/4, I was in the high 8`s. But I can't find the slip. (When my wife left, she distroyed my computer area pretty good!)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.