Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the PPE Hot box on my 05 LLY. Suncoast level 5 tranny will be added in the next three to four weeks. (I have been running the 130HP tune with no problems on the stock tranny) When I go to run the 180 or 240 tune what, besides the tranny, will I need on the truck in order for it to operate smoothly? Will I need the shim mods? Or do you wait to see if any codes get thrown? I am also considering the +2 upgrade as well. Thanks in advance. G

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
Lift pump, shim mod, gauges, boost controller to clean up the smoke.

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
PPE has a new LLY Tune out that I haven't tested yet. Mark ran it at the track yesterday and it did very well, but I forget the ET.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lift pump, shim mod, gauges, boost controller to clean up the smoke.
Should I get the shim mod done prior or wait until it throws a code? Or does running the 240 tune create an automatic 1093? Gauges and PPE boost controller will be done for sure. Thanks McRat

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PPE has a new LLY Tune out that I haven't tested yet. Mark ran it at the track yesterday and it did very well, but I forget the ET.
Is this the 290 HP +2 version or another PPE LLY product all together? Thanks McRat!

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
You can wait to see if you P1093 then do it.

You'd have to ask PPE or a PPE dealer what's going on with the new tune. I just heard about. I'm not a PPE dealer, I just help them develop stuff when I can.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Looking at doing this same thing and taking off my edge juice. What is a shim mod? Will this still happen with a PPE +2 program? Have prepared for everything except this shim mod.

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
Do a search. I did a writeup on how to do the Shim Mod. It will stop P1093 error codes and loss of power.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts