Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read alot about EFI live and I was really considering buying it for my truck since I hav a labtop and the time. But if i buy a proprietary tune from a tuner I have to buy an additional ECM to make my own tunes. Well according to a few well known EFI tuners PPE's new box for the LBZ is making about as good of power as your gonna see out of a tune. Is this true? I dont care about all that altitude BS cuz I live in MN and dont travel very far. I hear PPE's box is shifting well can I make as much power as PPE with EFI live TODAY with a proprietart tune that someone has out and if so who is selling one. Also are the egt's lower that PPE making the same amount of power meaning a better more refined tune. I would like to get EFI but I want some killer power now and mess with my own tune on the side. Also I upgraded boxes cuz i already had the OG xcelerator so it was cheaper appreciate any insight anyone has

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
How fast do you want to go?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was hoping I was gonna get you well is efi gonna produce power that will yeild better 1/4 mile times I mean for a truck with 37's I know its not a 11 second truck but i have regeared weight and height are still issues but i want it as fast as possible with stock turbo and the lift if im not satisfied then i will consider

A. another truck built for speed
B. aftermarket turbo
C. remove lift and regear

Do you have a tune that will get the HP #'s of a hot +2 available for purchase for EFI live? I am very interested I am driving to merchants shop to get my tranny next week and want to see what this thing can do

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.