Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my suncoast stage 4 installed...I shimmed my fuel valve and have the PPE on kill and the VA on 70...As soon as i stall it up and lauch it its like it goes stutters/shut off then goes stutters/shut off for a second and then clears right up..Sometimes it just goes stutters/shuts off once and then its fine..I do NOT have lift pumps yet..Is that the cause of this??? Other wise it pulls like a freight train and the tranny was the best thing i ever bought..Any help would be great on this..

sean

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Got it this time? 12th one the charm. ):h

======================================

Sounds like a lift pump would help perhaps.

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
You need a lift pump for the +2. This is called bursting. Fun ain't it? :D

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
couldn't reply to it earlier, but I'll say now what I was going to earlier. Lift pumps are never a bad idea.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Sean - You had your tranny done in Wolcott didn't you? How was your experience with Frank?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Mine never bursted without a lift pump on that setting. It would burst when I put the va on 130 but it wont now with the lift pumps.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sean - You had your tranny done in Wolcott didn't you? How was your experience with Frank?
yes i had it done by Frank at Nobels Performance...He was as straight forward with me as anyone could be..He let me hang at the shop and watch.. If anyone is wanting to get a suncoast stage anything done and you guys live in the north east area i would suggest using him. Stand up guy in my eyes..

Max Power...thats bursting??? Then how come it doesnt do it WOT when you would think it needs the fuel most??? I just want to make sure lift pumps will cure this or is it soemthing else..

thanks
sean

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
I just ordered the TTS Twin pumps, pick up, and the PPE Hot +2 to go with my VA 180. Right now the VA180/Predator stack burst occasionally, but only once and usually around the top of 3rd, or at the 3-4 shift. I am very interested to see if lift pumps are the cure, and if they're not I need to know what is. Ive put too much money towards performance lately for things to not be working as smoothly as they should and for me to be dissapointed with track results.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well i went out and tried putting the PPE in tune 3 and the VA on 70 and it still shuts off, breaks up,and sputters as soon as i launch it..When i put he VA and predator on kill its fine ..What do i need to do???? Will the PPE on tune up 2 and VA on 180 be faster than the predator on kill with the VA on 180?? Help i am trying to beat up on some local people..I have talk alot of poop and it looks like i cant back it up now.. If i put the boost controller in will that help it at all??

sean

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
where in NY are you?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Long Island....Why?

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
I used to live in Westchester. Had a lot of jobs in LI and fish out there a lot. Also have had a house for the past 20yrs on Fire Island, not Cherry Grove. just wondering...back to topic.

I think its interesting that your VA and Pred dont burst. Is your VA the 180 box? What is your FPRV shimmed to, .040, or .060, two washers or three? I really hope the Hot+2 and VA180 will work together with the TTS pumps and not burst or cough or pop or pull any of that other crap.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I used to live in Westchester. Had a lot of jobs in LI and fish out there a lot. Also have had a house for the past 20yrs on Fire Island, not Cherry Grove. just wondering...back to topic.

I think its interesting that your VA and Pred dont burst. Is your VA the 180 box? What is your FPRV shimmed to, .040, or .060, two washers or three? I really hope the Hot+2 and VA180 will work together with the TTS pumps and not burst or cough or pop or pull any of that other crap.
FPRV is shimmed to .052 with 2 washers...I'm stumped..Any help will be greatly appreciated...I need to make this truck go 13.50s with NO DRUGS..

Fire island is great in the summer..i go there all the time with my buddies boat..

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
I ran a 13.75 at 101 w/ PPE hot, boost stick, and VA on 130, no FPRV shim, w/ a 1.9 60ft!! I have the TTS lift pumps and Nictane Filter kit. 13.5 should be easy.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I ran a 13.75 at 101 w/ PPE hot, boost stick, and VA on 130, no FPRV shim, w/ a 1.9 60ft!! I have the TTS lift pumps and Nictane Filter kit. 13.5 should be easy.
Thats perfect..But how do i fix this problem so i can run those numbers like you??? Is it the lift pumps that make it run good???

sean

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
IIRC the PPE HOT +2 stacks best with the VA on the 70 hp setting...A lift pump is your next step if you don't have one.

DOH...I see in your first post you said you were running the VA on 70...My bad.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
IIRC the PPE HOT +2 stacks best with the VA on the 70 hp setting...A lift pump is your next step if you don't have one.

DOH...I see in your first post you said you were running the VA on 70...My bad.

I cant see that this is happening cause i dont have a limt pump...It only gets like this at the launch of the truck..Its like the 2 programmers dont like each other...

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I had my truck doind some bizzare bucking and twitching right after a launch...That was when I was trying to run with 1/4 tank of fuel or less.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I had my truck doind some bizzare bucking and twitching right after a launch...That was when I was trying to run with 1/4 tank of fuel or less.
I have 3/4 of a tank...I tried today to launch the truck with just the PPE on extreme then when it hits 2nd gear i flick the switch for the VA to 70 and then it works fine...I think it might be just to much timing or something down low for my truck..What do you guys think of this info??

sean

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Might want to borrow someones VA and try it out. I had a bad VA box that was bucking so badly you couldn't drive the truck. Might be worth a try.

Running the PPE Hot on max stacked with the VA on 130 my truck launched and ran fine without lift pump on. Sounds like you might have a faulty box(one or the other)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts