Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I felt dumb tonight :help2: , and thought let's see what this new tune drives like. Suprisingly, does not behave to badly. I drove it for about 20 miles, surges when in tow haul at low speeds a little bit. Drives alot better than the 180 tune did before I sent it in for an update. CAUTION: This new tune smokes like a frieght train! Got rid of a tailgater in a Volvo that insisted on riding my back end through a school zone. :eek: Classic first time soot victim reaction, wipers on and waving her hand in front of her face like she passed gas or something. :lol:
Anyhow, pulled real strong, only made 22 lbs of boost, EGT's where up in the 1400 ballpark real fast, needs some boost help (controller or boost stick), does have some timing rattle, and then I limped the trans on a 4 to 5 upshift at W.o.T. :muahaha:

Look forward to trying this on 05_LLY 's truck and trying it out since he has a South Bend clutch in his and see how it runs without a slipping and limping drivetrain.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Sounds awesome!

I know first hand how much limping sucks, just when you're having fun--BOOM!Censored

·
Registered
225 Posts
where have I been, when did the lly get an e.t. eliminator?

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was released 2 weeks ago according to PPE. I sent my Hot 180 in for a +2upgrade and they upgraded it to the E.T. They said that they figured they might as well save me the shipping of sending it back again.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
You better take it easy on that trans, we dont wanna have to trailer your truck up to Mass do we? Good smoke story anyhow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring er down well try er out):h Hopefully we dont hurt anthing i threw my first p1093 monday night i might have to get a new fuel filter first, the real shame of it is, is that this filter only has 2800 miles on it:rant: !

Later
Caleb

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it needs trailered, it just means that I did it in right! :lol:

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Thats right!!!!!!

Whats the hp,tq rating on the ET eliminator, do you know if its the same as the +2

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No idea Caleb, I better put in a call to PPE one of these days.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Im going to the track tommorow..so i will let you guys know how this new tune works...So far I LOVE it...No de fueling is nice and smooth..

sean

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
PPE "Economy" through "Hot +2" programmed to defuel between shifts to help save the tranny, if I remember correctly. The "ET ELiminator" version may not, based on above comment.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Well i went to the track and it went well for the 1st pass...I took it easy out of the hole and it 60 footed a 2.06 and went a 13.90 @99.67 mph...But from then on it was all down hill..i am having some sort of tranny issues..It slips and seems like maybe the converter doesnt lock up..I have to look ito it with a little more detail..Ill keep you guys posted...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts