Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my ppe excellerator and installed the 160hp program. I have been running it for about three days now. At WOT when it shifts into 3rd it bogs so bad you have to lift off the throttle to get it to go. It does it every time if you are floored but if you are at 3/4 throttle it does not do it. Any ideas? Thanks, Jake.

·
Registered
556 Posts
The 160 tune i ran was fine. I have had few hand helds and this one worked the best. The wife didn't know about this one till i told her to stand on it( the 225 tune) she now knows why i do these things to her truck ( she did get our drag truck to a 10.20). I do have a hard time on the 225 tune but i think we are running out of ruel. :horsey:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The truck has 11500 miles on it and i think i replaced the fuel filter at about 8000 mi. I just bought 2 fuel filters yesterday, i think i might throw a new one in and see if that does the trick. I love the tuner otherwise. It is way smoother than the predator on 120 and it really cooks.

·
Registered
152 Posts
How long you been driving on the 160 hp tune? How does the tranny feel? I plan doing a transgo jr just to help and run the 160 hp tune.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have beeen running the 160 tune for about a week now. It shifted decent at the beginning and now that the tranny is learning it is shifting better and better. I have not tryed the 225hp setting yet. I am not sure that my tranny will appreciate that much power. I am also planning on a transgo jr. in the very near future.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Changed fuel filter. No difference. Air filter is stock. It probably is just defueling for the transmission. I have not yet limped the tranny so i guess that is a good thing. I just thought it seemed a little extreme for defueling. When it does happen the pyro is still getting hotter as it is defueling. I figured if it was defueling you could watch the pyro level off or even decrease until it returns to normal fueling.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts