Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK everything i have read so far has been to do with the fingerstick,has ANYONE had any success with the code blocker from ppe???????

:ro)

·
Registered
609 Posts
Put one on your truck and let us know:ro)

·
Registered
609 Posts
What code or codes does it block?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I installed the PPE egr false code eliminator and my egr block off plate and got a 401 code the next day. So I say it doesen't work. I reset the code and took out the block off plate, now no codes.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I installed the PPE egr false code eliminator and my egr block off plate and got a 401 code the next day. So I say it doesen't work. I reset the code and took out the block off plate, now no codes.
I believe that yours doesn't work, and the fact that mine does doesn't surprise me, one bit.

Did you solder all the connections? Did you double-triple-check the wiring? I am completely working here. EGR blocker-plate, PPE code blocker and a 4" turbo-back exhaust. The finger stick however, was not successful for me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I soldered all the connections and checked the wiring twice. I called PPE and they told me that it might not work with a block off plate. They said that it will just work with a exhaust. They said that the egr needs some kind of exhaust readings even with the code eliminator. It doesen't make much sense to just have a exhaust without a block off plate, and have all that dirty exhaust going back into the motor. They said that GM tightened all the parameters on all the new pickups.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I soldered all the connections and checked the wiring twice. I called PPE and they told me that it might not work with a block off plate. They said that it will just work with a exhaust. They said that the egr needs some kind of exhaust readings even with the code eliminator. It doesen't make much sense to just have a exhaust without a block off plate, and have all that dirty exhaust going back into the motor. They said that GM tightened all the parameters on all the new pickups.
I know this may be completely irrelevant, however, I am also using the powerpup in the ECON mode (I guess you could call it level 2).

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm usuing the power pup in extreme stacked with the Duramaximizer. I will try again to put in the blocker plate and let you know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts