Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the ppe boost increase valve and installed it yesterday. I saw it and bought it. And I figured i would buy it for 40 bucks i was like hell. So i got it installed and drove yesterday. And i gotta say what a diffrence . It runs like a diffrent truck. I hadn't takin the edge to 5 yet. But on 3 it was a big diffrence.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Nice Buy :ro)

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
that just gives me more incentive to put mine in as well. I can use the 10 extra pounds of boost.

·
Registered
308 Posts
The PPE boost increase valve that goes inline between the turbo vacumm line and the wastegate and leaks off a slight amount of boost so that the wastegate opens later giving you more boost. Kennedy diesel also makes one that is adjustable http://www.kennedydiesel.com/detail.cfm?ID=412

And if you search there are instructions on how to make your own out of a piece of tube and a drill bit.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got mine from xtreme diesel it's under turbo upgrades.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
be careful with it, im pretty sure it contributed to blowing my turbo. got to have enough fuel though to get that much boost and im not sure the edge has enough. im going to put mine back on but i drilled the hole in the end bigger to allow the wastegate to open a little sooner. max psi on stock turbo is 34psi.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts