Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some opinions. My father in law has a 1999 Furd F-350 Powerstroke with the below list of Banks etc. add-ons. He keeps saying how my truck is a gutless wonder and he would smoke me any day of the week. I've driven his truck and it don't seem faster than mine but then again I didn't know where the he had the six gun set at and being unfamiliar I didn't mess with it. I think his biggest advantage is that he has the full replacement BD trans so he can put the power to the ground efficiently and handle all the six gun has to offer. As for me I'm still on the stock ally and don't push it up past 3/low5 with an occasional 4/5 and once 5/5. Plus I defuel all shifts.

The question is could I take him or will I be watching his taillights go by?:eek:
I might add, that I've been very humble about the whole taunting thing and just reply to his comments with a "Your probably right".

-:t 99 Furd F-350
Banks Stinger-Plus System
Banks Six Gun
BD Replacement tranny

My Truck See Sig.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think you would DESTROY him, not even a race.

Jeffrey

·
Registered
513 Posts
I need some opinions. My father in law has a 1999 Furd F-350 Powerstroke with the below list of Banks etc. add-ons. He keeps saying how my truck is a gutless wonder and he would smoke me any day of the week. I've driven his truck and it don't seem faster than mine but then again I didn't know where the he had the six gun set at and being unfamiliar I didn't mess with it. I think his biggest advantage is that he has the full replacement BD trans so he can put the power to the ground efficiently and handle all the six gun has to offer. As for me I'm still on the stock ally and don't push it up past 3/low5 with an occasional 4/5 and once 5/5. Plus I defuel all shifts.

The question is could I take him or will I be watching his taillights go by?:eek:
I might add, that I've been very humble about the whole taunting thing and just reply to his comments with a "Your probably right".

-:t 99 Furd F-350
Banks Stinger-Plus System
Banks Six Gun
BD Replacement tranny

My Truck See Sig.
My buddy has the same truck with all the Banks doodads. We've never lined up but when he rode in my truck, he was amazed at what a difference there was in power. That was back when I was running the Edge/Attitude. I too think you'll roost all over him.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
:exactly: Wont even be a close race, you'll kill him!

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I agree. 7.3's are generally pretty lame. It takes a lot of work to get one to really haul. You should burn him pretty easily.

·
Registered
379 Posts
i hate to say it, but he's gonna get smoked.

·
Registered
379 Posts
guess i didnt specify who "he" is. I meant the powerstroke :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
You will beat a 7.3 But a 6.0 no way!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
:funnypost

6.0's are unbeatable huh.

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
You will beat a 7.3 But a 6.0 no way!

That's the best laugh I've had today. Make sure the 6.0 has a chase or should I say pace truck to carry all the coolant the 6.0 is going to -:t if he has anything more than a mild mod in it without a major redo. Getting back to the thread, I ran my stock tranny about a dozen times on level 5 before I ever limped it. If you are worried race him a shorter distance and don't get into 5th gear. It isn't a big deal even if you do limp it. Clear the code and give her hell. You are getting a Suncoast anyway right? When we pulled my tranny to rebuild it, clutches were a little tinted but nothing major. Shut him up! :grd:

·
Registered
267 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cool! Thanks guys for the votes of confidence. I figured I would after driving his but wasn't too positive so I was hesitant in talking crap. First chance I get I'm going to shut him up! Oh, one more thing...should I launch in 4x4 and turn off defuel just to really humble him? No sleeves so 4x4 launches worry me. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
You could get away with a mild boosted launch I think. I give mine hell and have never bent or broken a tie rod, but I dont want to advice you to act like me. I think if you boost to 1200 or so you will be fine.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Sounds like u need to humble him a little....I think u will!:ro)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.