Diesel Place banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First, sorry if there is any wrong spelling or grammar. I have been using a PPE xcelerator and love it. 2003 lb7, I changed the tune the way I always have over the last year with this programmer and now my truck will not start or crank over. I replaced the batteries, checked all fuses/relays hood and cab. and the starter is good. I have power to everything in the truck and there is no seen wearing of the wires from the fuse box from fender rub. When I hook up the monitor it will not let me return to stock and it reads, reading the stock vin against the programmer vin. And will never go away. When I try to change the tune it will pull up an error screen showing key error 762f and speed error 0000. When I called PPE I was told that means nothing to him. If anyone has any advice that would be great. I ordered a new ECU but not sure if that will fix the problem. I have thought about the neutral selector switch as well, that will be after the ecu if no fix.

·
Administrator
21,802 Posts
Welcome to DieselPlace
(y)

Reactions: BTK03lb7

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'm thinking you may be on the right track with the new ECM but I would recommend calling Kennedy Diesel. John is super knowledgeable about tuning on the EFI Live side and may have an idea about what that code means.

Reactions: OkDually

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm thinking you may be on the right track with the new ECM but I would recommend calling Kennedy Diesel. John is super knowledgeable about tuning on the EFI Live side and may have an idea about what that code means.

Thank you for the advice, I will give him a call.

·
Registered
189 Posts
No problem, he may be able to write a new EFI live tune on your ECM to resolve the issue if you want tuning. He could set you up with multiple tunes if you want and a DSP2 switch to switch back and forth between tunes with the turn of a knob without having to reflash the ECM every time which will help you avoid this issue in the future. Every time you reflash it you run the risk of corrupting files and needing a reset on it beyond what a PPE programmer can do. You can go up to 5 tunes with a switch but I’m not sure Mr. Kennedy likes to do that many. Good luck!

Reactions: BTK03lb7
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.