Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting a CB Radio in my truck and dont know where to connect the power wire so it comes on when i turn the trcuk on. Anyone know? thanks

·
Registered
149 Posts
Connector block on firewall under black cover has a switched terminal near the top on mine. Can't remember exactly what pin- just take a test light and you'll find it.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Make sure your CB stays were you put it last...I had a old radio that I hooked up to a key wire and everytime I shut off the car....it would go to ch9. Now I have a radio that does not reset itself...I also hook up to a hot wire like the power point. This way it is always on...if you forget it is shouild not drain the battery.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Ltrain

I ran mine off the fuse pannel next to drivers door. Test lite to power side of fuse when ing is on and put fuse in line to radio.

Geno

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, the power wire has a in-line fuse already. I will see what i can hook up tommorrow. thanks

·
Registered
349 Posts
There is a little $7 part that is nice. I will have to defer for the correct name of the product.

Basically, it is a fuse with the mini-fuse spades. It has two spaces for fuses., and a hot wire coming off. It allows you to add your device, CB or radar detector, to the fuse spot. The fuse that came out goes in the back and the fuse for the device sits beneath the first. Easy to install and move to get your accessory to come on and go off when you want. Nothing is permanently changed, no cuts, no splicing. Will post a pic is needed.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Doc,

Could you please post a pic of the $7 device you're talking about? I'm very interested as I'm working towards installing a CB in my truck soon.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
349 Posts
http://www.sportys.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&did=10&product_id=801&fromgoogle=yes

Now you can add additional circuits without cutting or splicing. Ideal for CD players, radar detectors, car phones, etc. Installs in existing fuse blocks of all domestic and imported vehicles. Accommodates accessories requiring up to 10 amps. Available for standard blade or mini blade fuses. Fuse not included. Made in USA.

Edited by: TxDoc

1 - 10 of 10 Posts