Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 2500 EC / SB Duramax, This is my 1st Diesel. I would like to boost my HP with one of the available computer programmers but Im not sure which would be best as im new to all this stuff. I dont want to go crazy just some extra HP to play with and to help out pulling my horse trailer. I think the attidude thing is very appealing but I am concerned with warranty issues, if I take it off can the dealer tell by its been there, I m not quite sure what limping the transmission means but im betting its bad and it seems that alot of you guys do this with the attitude. any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks

Keith

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Standard 90 hp is juice is easy on and off (5min) no tranny issues tow in level 2 play in level 4. You can set tow haul to one level and normal mode to another. Setting the levels is a little quirkey but not very difficult after the first time. By far the best bang for the buck.........
dave

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, dave I will look into it does this one let you clear error codes on the ecm?

Keith

·
Registered
448 Posts
If you are only after a little extra power and am concerened about drive train life, I second standard juice. It's a black box that get's plugged into the bus, no cutting or splicing, easily removed and has nothing in the crew compartment and therefore cannot, reset or display anything. The plusses are that it makes good power while keeping the EGT's relatively low and monitors the tranny for slippage and backs off the power instead of limping the tranny.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Any ever hear of TSTProducts and their services, I'm leaning towards them, but I would like some input, mostly for towing and a little playing.

thanks, Ron

·
Registered
224 Posts
Quadzilla 110HP tow tune baby
yeeehaaww!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just purchased the SuperChips Tuner for my Dmax. Wanted a tuner so I could bump up performance a little, but also wanted to be able to read and clear the codes if needed. If I had the extra money, I would go with the EDGE, but don't have that opportunity right now, so I went with the SuperChips tuner for now. I am anxious to see how it works. For $200 I thought I couldn't go wrong.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I run the TST comp box. It's not tranny friendly. It does have built in EGT and boost gauges though. It's more than a little power and you can definately hurt things if your not careful. If you want that kind of power I think maybe you should look at Quad's products. BTW at higher settings the TST box makes the throttle too sensitive for normal driving IMHO. For the aspect of power I'm happy so far. Now if I could just nail down this bursting thing

·
Registered
262 Posts
a64pilot: Do you have their latest update? I thought I had read that their latest version had more power and that the bursting issue had been resolved...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mobowhunter,

Have you installed this yet, if so how do you like it, seems like Superchips and Quadzilla are the only ones that let you read / erase codes, but is that really a nesecity if you uninstall the chip prior to taking it to the dealer, can they tell that you had a chip installed? I really like the way the Edge stuff looks. Too many options.

Thanks to all for your input

Keith

·
Registered
64 Posts
Haven't installed it yet. Just ordered it today. I like the ability of being able to clear codes. I have heard of many members throwing code after code due to an error or some wierd circumstance. I just want to make sure that I have the ability to elimate any chances of warrenty problems.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I have the Superchip tuner. For cheap power I think its great. Reasonable egts and good performance. I have ordered the Juice/Attitude to see how it compares. If the attitude is leaps and bounds better, I will keep it. If not, then I will take advantage of the money back garuantee.

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Juice 90..... So far it's been a pretty incredible box. When I turn the propane on this truck is nuts.Edited by: hoot

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
cdhd2001 said:
I have the Superchip tuner. For cheap power I think its great. Reasonable egts and good performance. I have ordered the Juice/Attitude to see how it compares. If the attitude is leaps and bounds better, I will keep it. If not, then I will take advantage of the money back garuantee.
Call get a RMA ..... Man are you in for a surprise ....

Mac

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
For the price the Quad 110 should also be in the running ....

Tire size adjustment ,code reading and clearing,speed limit defeat and,upgradable to higher tunes down the road ..... If you chose to sell you can, unlike other programmers that marry the vin ....

Good value for the money ....

So many options today,compared to two years ago ......

Mac
Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
hoot said:
Juice 90..... So far it's been a pretty incredible box. When I turn the propane on this truck is nuts.

How is Alli holding up?
How soon until you need to send her to the Sunny Coast?

·
Registered
218 Posts
I've used both the Quad and the Edge. The Quad will rock on top end and has a really smooth delivery. It also had better shifting . The Edge has much better low end and feels stronger even though I'm sure it really isn't. Tough one to figure but if your towing, which I do a lot, I'd go for the Edge.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts