Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From all the reading i've done upgraded Allies put more power to the ground.

My questions is has anyone done a back to back on the dyno or the track to see the differences in power from stock to upgraded (with Any vendors tranny)?

Other than increased power capability has anyone compared a stock ally to say a SCIV or V, ATS, or any others?

·
Registered
14,320 Posts
From all the reading i've done upgraded Allies put more power to the ground.

My questions is has anyone done a back to back on the dyno or the track to see the differences in power from stock to upgraded (with Any vendors tranny)?

Other than increased power capability has anyone compared a stock ally to say a SCIV or V, ATS, or any others?
Dyno will not show you anything difference unless you have a bad converter clutch in which case it may show lower hp numbers.. If you have a weak transmission you will not get full power out of your engine because it will pull timing and defuel. Dynos are a tuning tool and the numbers derived from them do not mean much unless you have someone like Trippin directing the scenario. One vendors trans apposed to anothers on a dyno will not show any difference in power. Converters can make a small difference ( talking about the top companys and not the johnny come latelys ) in 60 ft times, but make a bigger difference in street fun and seat of the pants feel.
mike

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so maybe i'm looking for the wrong comparison. Is it just the faster harder shifts that show the improvement in 60's?

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
The allisions TCm will try to get it to shift the same regardless what you have in it in the way of innards. You gota fool it electronicly to get it to shift any different really for the most part. Hard shifts dont equal faster. 60' has the 1-2 gear change in it.....a converter will affect your 60' not really the trans.

JMO but a ATS without a co pilot or a transgo or a stage 5 suncoast trans will click off the same et's with the same converter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts