Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i can get howes lubricator for 5.00 cheaper agallon than power service, what is a better all around product howes or power service? thank you

·
Registered
16,080 Posts
Both are blended for ULSD. Power service is a cetane booster also. Howe's has worked great for me as has power service. I am using Howe's now as it seems a little cheaper here right now also. Either way you should be fine.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im more worried about the howes and fuel gelling. ive been using power service and so far so good

·
Registered
16,080 Posts
Either one will work for you. ;)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I use Power Service regularly, my dad swears by Howes. We both drive truck for a living and neither have had a problem.

BTW, we haven't had a night about 0F in 10 nights.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I run Howes - no gelling troubles - I usually work in northern Alberta and BC for most of the winter. -20 to -40*C most of the time.

Either product will be fine.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Howes for 33 years in the excavating biz--NEVER a gelling--EVERY fill gets a dose,more when colder.Just found out that United Van Lines uses Howes in every one of their 6700 tractors--never a problem--''You go or Howes pays the tow''.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Power service, you can't beat the price of it in Walmarts

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Either one shoudl work but around here w/a cold snap, we must have some terrible fuel. I know (read) white power service, says contains no alcohol, never read the howes bottle I dumped in this week did any of you guys?

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
thejdman04;1584591; said:
Either one shoudl work but around here w/a cold snap, we must have some terrible fuel. I know (read) white power service, says contains no alcohol, never read the howes bottle I dumped in this week did any of you guys?
Yes,I've read it--believe me though--does'nt make for good bathroom reading.:) No alcohol and great stuff--just put er in and go!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts