Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my fuel filter changed today. Over 12,000 miles on this filter. First filter change on my truck. I watched the mechanic change it out, he said he has never seen a filter look so good at 12k miles before. No crap at the bottom, nothing at all but clean fuel. He said there is always some kind of crap in there. He cut it open and told me that I could have waited a little longer to change it out. The DIC indicated that I was down to 20% of fuel filter life. The DIC was right.

I have used Power Service Diesel Kleen (silver bottle) and Power Service Diesel Fuel Supplement (white bottle) since the truck was new. The truck runs great (runs the same after the filter change as it did before the filter change) and I guess it is doing the job with the fuel. I have had zero fuel related problems. I don't see the need to pay higher prices and shipping for the other additives such as FPPF, Stanadyne, Primrose, etc... Just my opinion.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Do you use it in every fill up or every other fill up?
I just started to use it (white bottle) and notice the motor is quieter!

·
Registered
89 Posts
:eek:fftopic: Also, are you running gages with the edge ez? If so witch ones? If: you dont mind me asking?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I use the Power Service at every fill up. No gauges for the EZ.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts