Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a current Dmax owner... I'm picking up a new 04 Dodge HO dually with an auto next week and would like to know if there are any available boxes out for it yet... My duramax is a single rear wheel truck, and it doesn't pull near as well as my old 99 powerstroke dually.. Partially due to gearing, tire size, and I know the lacking of two extra rear wheels for stability.. Anyway, from what I've read, the cummins would be the best for towing.. I drove the HO yesterday. For a stock diesel, it's got decent pickup.. Anything out to put it in the 15's?? I really like how the duramax is "box sensitive"... Add a couple boxes, and it fly's... Are the dodges like this as well?? How's the mileage on an auto HO?? I'm not exactly brand loyal I guess.. I'm keeping the Dmax as well.. I really like the truck for comfort, speed, and mileage.. Just need something for pulling as well... The fact that I'm picking up a loaded crew cab, SLT, dually, diesel HO, 4X4 sport for 34 grand is awesome..

·
Registered
2 Posts
BullyDog makes one also.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Expect the mileage to be around 17-19mpg highway once the engine is broken in. I assume the truck has 3.73's and not 4.10's. 4.10's will be slightly worse. Being an auto, 4x4 and dually doesn't help the mileage.

MikeyB

·
Registered
42 Posts
I believe the Edge box is mild, while the Bully Dog Box is WILD! at least thats what I've heard...

Check www.sourceautomotive.biz - Owned by Rip Rook. He has all the Edge products and a really good deal on 4" and 5" pipes for these beasts... Ask him about the EDM injectors too

EDIT - He doesnt show any '03/'04 stuff on the website, but I'm sure he can get it. His prices are the best I've found.Edited by: Big Russ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts