Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got the Bully Dog Power Pup as a present, I have no other modifications to the truck, and I was wondering if it would be okay to use the programmer w/o changing the intake or exhaust. I was also leary because i just had all 8 injectors replaced on a truck with 15,000 miles. I certaonly do not want to void my warranty or harm the engine. Any feedback would bew appreciated, especially from somebody who has used one.

Thanks

03 GMC 2500 HD D-Max Ls ext Cab 4x4

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
JohnnyMass213 said:
I recently got the Bully Dog Power Pup as a present, I have no other modifications to the truck, and I was wondering if it would be okay to use the programmer w/o changing the intake or exhaust. Yes, in moderation! I was also leary because i just had all 8 injectors replaced on a truck with 15,000 miles. I certaonly do not want to void my warranty or harm the engine. It does not matter if you have exhaust, gages, and/or intake. any box has the potental to do damage.Any feedback would bew appreciated, especially from somebody who has used one. The best thing to do in my own personal opinion; Is to remove any chip/program/box before you take it in for any reason. And do not give up information that they do not ask for.

Exhaust, intake, and gages do not need to be removed, however these items will raise a black flag with most dealerships.

These boxes/chips/programs are like sex, once you try it you are hooked!

Thanks

·
Registered
185 Posts
It will work fine. Enjoy!!!!

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
hdmax said:
JohnnyMass213 said:
<SNIPPED> The best thing to do in my own personal opinion; Is to remove any chip/program/box before you take it in for any reason. And do not give up information that they do not ask for.

<SNIPPED > Exhaust, intake, and gages do not need to be removed, however these items will raise a black flag with most dealerships.

Thanks

Remove and offer no info............

As far as Gauges, Exhaust and Intakes...well

My answer would be as follows:

Mr. Service Mananger :

I tow a large trailer in/over various terrains and conditions from winter cold to summer hot. I feel that monitoring engine and transmission temp is not enough for me, I want to also monitor exhaust temps and boost. Anyone who tows a trailer can tell you the benefit of a 4" exhaust and a better breathing Air Filter and it's effect on fuel economy and lowering exhaust temps.

I did not know my warranty would be compromised for installing gauges to monitor engine function. I guess if GM does not think it is important then they would not have put a full set of gauges with a tachometer in then.

Please check with GM and get me a written clarification, this way if I am towing and melt a piston I can say that the extra gauges I wanted to use were not necessary per my letter from GM.

After he or she figures out you know more than they do they will probably leave ya alone.

If not, don't sweat it, I DON"T.

T
NY Edited by: GMC-2002-Dmax

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
GMC-2002-Dmax;

I`m not saying they can/will void your warranty, just that they will most likely question you quicker then they normally would.

I had the Banks exhaust, AFE stage II intake, and X-Monitor gages on my truck when I blew the turbo.

When they seen the x-monitor box under the hood, they did not ask questions. They thought it was a power box and declined warranty work without question.

Once I arrived and informed them that it was gages, and that on a $45,000 truck, it was a crime that I had to install them because GM was too ignorant to make it a factory install. They gave in without even asking if I had used or was using any power enhancements.
Needless to say, the techs felt real stupid. But hey, I got it fixed under warranty

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
hdmax said:
GMC-2002-Dmax;

I`m not saying they can/will void your warranty, just that they will most likely question you quicker then they normally would.

I had the Banks exhaust, AFE stage II intake, and X-Monitor gages on my truck when I blew the turbo.

When they seen the x-monitor box under the hood, they did not ask questions. They thought it was a power box and declined warranty work without question.

Once I arrived and informed them that it was gages, and that on a $45,000 truck, it was a crime that I had to install them because GM was too ignorant to make it a factory install. They gave in without even asking if I had used or was using any power enhancements.
Needless to say, the techs felt real stupid. But hey, I got it fixed under warranty

I know what ya saying...........I'm just being a WISE GUY

T
NY

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
power pup on 90hp or lower will fine on a stock setup, have a few freinds with that setup, no problems to date, if you take it to the dealer for maintence, out of sight out of mind, thats the way i see it

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Johnny

Stay in contact with your service mgr, get on a first name basis, I ask mine if he had a problem with my filter system and he said go for it cause cleaner fuel gotta help, ask about my air cleaner-they sell them, pretty much same on guages and exaust, take truck by an show it off and praise how good you like it. Works for me, also I love the PUP

Geno

2003 with 15000 miles all eight injectors--- what happened?????????Edited by: geno

·
Registered
152 Posts
If you tow tune it back to 50 or 75 to be safe

if you tow all the time add air box and exhaust and a pyro and it will do great.

i have sold at least 100 of these and i personally run one on my truck in the 95hp mode.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts