Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased and installed the Power Pup recently and have some questions reguarding upgrading to a newer version. Will I have to return to the stock setting as not to lose it when I upgrade? Also I'm not sure if I have to pull the fuses after the initial install before I change settings.

Before I installed the Power Pup my D.I.C. actully read about 1 mile per gallon less than when I hand calculated it but after I set it on the Tow/Econ setting it read the same. Has anyone else had this experience?

Garry

2006 GMC LBZ 2500 4X4 stock except Power Pup

·
Registered
320 Posts
if it uploads, and gives you the tire size option you have no need for the upgrade.

·
Registered
346 Posts
As for the fuses- Pull them every time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Power Pup questions

Thanks for answering my question about pulling the fuses. I wasn't sure if you had to each time you changed the power setting. I've left in the tow/econ mode and am pleased with the power and mileage that I'm getting so I probably wont change it.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
As for the fuses- Pull them every time.
Have you had a problem recently? I thought you didn't worry about it last time we were chatting about it....

I pulled all of them for my first reprogram, but the stereo is a PITA to reprogram, so the last 2 times I've left the "Radio" fuse in, but pulled the other three. No problems at all. The other 3 fuses keep the headlights and interior light from coming on.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Your really only pulling the fuses so the battery doesn't go dead while in the middle of flashing the PCM. Its don't blame them for putting it in there, you know some idiot will no doubt flash the truck with a dying battery and it will screw up the PCM and he'll run around bashing (Insert your fav programmer here).

·
Registered
320 Posts
Your really only pulling the fuses so the battery doesn't go dead while in the middle of flashing the PCM. Its don't blame them for putting it in there, you know some idiot will no doubt flash the truck with a dying battery and it will screw up the PCM and he'll run around bashing (Insert your fav programmer here).
+ 1 I have reflashed mine several times with no problems, the only fuse I have pulled is the drl fuse, and left it out. I just push the dome light overide button, shut off the radio and climate control and flash away ;)

·
Registered
320 Posts
So, when i get mine i dont have to pull any fuses? Also, how long does it typically take to upload/switch power settings?
I dont want to feel responsible if you run into trouble, make your own choice on the fuse's, I dont pull mine, as far as time's for programming about 1-2 minutes the first time. about 30-45 seconds to change levels after that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts