Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bully Dog recommends pyro and boost guages on the Perforance and Extreme settings. Would someone be ok if they had a full exhuast(MBRP front pipe and cat back system) and drop in filter on the Performance setting without guages>??? Thanks, -Mat-

·
Registered
284 Posts
Maybe...

Would someone be ok if they had a full exhuast(MBRP front pipe and cat back system) and drop in filter on the Performance setting without guages>???
Depends on "How" you drive... I have mine on "Performance" and I drive (without gauges) very conservative... If you "Tow" or "climb long hills" with your foot in it... :badidea:

I'm sure there's someone "More knowledgeable" who will chime in to advise you... Too.

It's all about EGT's and Engine Temperature... Be careful. :exactly:

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
A gauge is cheap compared to a 7 or $8,000.00 engine...

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
For a short burst its fine....all you are going to see is a pegged EGT gauge anyway on a WOT run. Intake and exhaust wont bring you from the unsafe to safe range though. Higher egts are more for sustained duration.

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
Then all a pyro will tell you is that your in the red. Although it is usefull for other things just like any gauge and recomended. Boost gauge is very good info too.

As you know a trans is a must in those levels too..........

·
Registered
284 Posts
As you know a trans is a must in those levels too..........
Hey Ratlover.

My "Documentation" on the Pup says "Extreme" suggest a Transmission Modification... It doesn't say that about the "Performance" setting... Just Gauges.

I've been set on "Performance" for two weeks now. The Trans "Shifts" like butter... (Of course, I'm old and I drive "Light-foot") :muahaha:

Should I be looking at a "Mod", or go back to Tow/Haul??

Someone advise me... So I can blame you if I break my truck. ):h

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
Ask Mike L.....so you can blame him if your trans implodeds :D

Many agree that on the LB7 the max power you could run through it day in/out reliably and not wory about anything was 350 ish. More or less depending on driver but the 340-350 ish to the rear wheels was pretty much considered safe. Stock the LBZ's seem to put down 300+ or so. Not leaving you with much room to play considering the converter is pretty much the same and it dosnt appear they did anything with c3 or c4.

I have no actual expereince, just taking what I have heard talking to people(mostly MikeL) But I'm not going to run more than a 30HP ish added tune to my truck without touching the trans in some way. But on a positive not I think the 6 speeds will be much easier to mod to hold deccent levels......as long as you havent already fried the clutches ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts