Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ANYONE RUNNING THE POWER PUP ON AN '01 MODEL. I HAVE HEARD THEY THEY RAISE THE REV LIMITER AND I HAVE HEARD THAT THEY DONT. SAME GOES FOR THE MPH LIMITER HEARD IT DONE AWAY WITH IT AND HEARD THAT IT DIDNT???? ANYONE KNOW FOR SURE???

THANKS

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YEA I SAW THAT AS WELL, BUT I HAVE HAD SOME TELL ME THAT THEY "THOUGHT" THAT IT ADDRESSED THOSE ISSUES ON THE 01'S NOW JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE REALLY KNEW FOR SURE.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I sell them. The Power Pup programmer from BullyDog will work (performance wise) for the 01-04. Now when it comes to the speed limiter or the speedo recalibrator, it will work only for the late '02-04 Duramax trucks.

Bullydog will also program the Power Pup without timing if you want to run it with another performance mod (ie edge "juice", or Van Aaken box). Or you can spend a bit more cash and get the code to unlock the 150hp setting. All in all, it costs the same as the Superchips programmers (or Hypertech), yet will do more. I realize that its only feature for the '01 is the performance and DTC reader, but it works great and the tranny shift points are nice!

My truck has the VA box with 110hp, and I have the Power pup proramed to 95hp now (without timing). With the AFE stage 2 and the Bullydog 4" exhaust, I have to admit it runs incredibly fast. And...it's more fun to drive!Edited by: MacGordon

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CRAP JUST MY LUCK!!!!!!
SO WHATS THE BEST BET FOR REMOVING THE MPH LIMITER, READING CODES, AND STACKING ONTOP OF THE HOT OJ??

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IM FIXING TO BE IN THE PROCESS OF UPDATING IT AND PUTTING IN A TRIPLE LOC CONVERTER. JUST HEARD FROM BULLYDOG-------THEY POWER PUP DOES NOT REMOVE THE SPEEDLIMITER AT ALL ON THE '01 MODELS. I HAVE ONE ON ORDER AND SHOULD BE HERE ANYDAY DOES ANYONE WANT A POWERPUP AT GOOD PRICE????? $325

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I WILL ADD THIS BOX WAS ORDERED WITHOUT TIMING SO IT MIGHT WORK BETTER WITH STACKING, JUST DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU WANT I GUESS. PM ME ANYONE WANTS IT

1 - 8 of 8 Posts