Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need help I sold my juice and called bully dog to get a new programmer but when I talked to there tech he said that on the 01 the speed limiter can not be removed and that that the tire correction will not work on it

I don't need the limiter removed but I wanted to correct the tire size issue because I am getting bad mileage and the truck feels like it putting a strain on the tranny in second like its shifting early

the juice will be shipped to day to its new owner because the deal is done but now I am stuck with out a computer

any one know of this? is it true?

will the predator correct the tire size

any help would be appreciated

thanks

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
Holy cow! I hope that isn't true. I have an '01 dually that I would like to change tires on and it would suck if I can't do corrections.

JP

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
As far as I know The Predator removes the limiter, MAC can vouch for that ......

Tire size ???????? Not sure.

Remember, once used it is VIN LOCKED to your truck.

T
NY

·
Registered
909 Posts
If I remember correctly, both Hypertech and Predator correct for '01 tire size changes. Edge's Attitude would have also displayed the corrected speed, just not have corrected to the truck's speedo/odometer.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dang

yea thats why i wanted to go with the bully dog

runninwiththedevil is not open yet but im going to call and find out

but its my fault i should have done the research its just that i am geting ready to leave town thus night and i was trying to get something done

im not carzy about pulling with out a upgrade in power but i guess ill have to wait

thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
called and they said it would fix the spedo

ordered a predator should be here tommorow ill let u know how it works out

thanks

for the help

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
got the predator now i have a question

if i install the 40Hp tune will it only work when the tow/haul button is used

so do i need to install the 65Hp tune for regular driving or do the tunes span with or with out the button pushed.

thanks

·
Registered
98 Posts
Whatever tune you put in is what you have in normal & T/H.

·
Registered
6,013 Posts
the predator will raise the speed limiter on an 01, but only to 110 i believe. the only programmer i know of that will remove speed limiter on an 01 is the TTS reflash from ttspowersystems.com.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts