Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to install the Banks Power PDA using the Palm T/X. I have read in other threads that the T/X can be used with the Banks Power PDA by triming the top of the cradle due to the T/X being taller than the E2. The infered is below the top of the T/X when it is installed in the cradel:confused: . The question is; Do you have to trim the bottom of the cradel as well, and how much?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am trying to install the Banks Power PDA using the Palm T/X. I have read in other threads that the T/X can be used with the Banks Power PDA by triming the top of the cradle due to the T/X being taller than the E2. The infered is below the top of the T/X when it is installed in the cradel:confused: . The question is; Do you have to trim the bottom of the cradel as well, and how much?

Rainman74:

Noticed this thread hasn't received too much response which is too bad because I would like to hear about your success using the Palm TX.

Let me know how this worked out on your PDA and how much disc space the installation took, and the details of your installation. BTW, did you need to use a cradle for mounting the TX? Is it because of the infrared interface - I thought there was a serial cable connection used with the Banks Power PDA setup, but I could be mistaken.

If you are using an infrared connection, you might want to try the trick used by many PDA external keyboards - add a small mirror (or fiber optic cable) to extend the range of the infrared signal.

You might want to consider reposting this thread to "electronics" to get more specific responses.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have you got the T/X work yet? I am looking at buying a T/X also. Did you have any problems loading the banks software.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Dremel out the curved bottom of docking station. You DON'T chop it off! Slowly dremel the tab at the top at an angle......you must not go very far on that! If you chop to much off the top your screwed! Just dremel the underside at an angle to match the top of the T/X.........mine works perfect!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts