Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I picked up a set of power extend mirrors... now I am going from the standard Power tilt/Heated mirrors... All the info I have read on here states that the following will happen:

1) I could just plug them in and they will extend/retract without a problem... this is from one thread

2) I would need the drivers and passengers side door modules reprogrammed... but all the treads state that the truck had the power fold option already.

So can some one tell me what will happen for sure when I put these on...remember I had the standard power tilt/headed no power fold. If I need the dealer to reprogram the door modules does does any one have the GM documentation as my dealer tends to be a bit lazy on things like this and I if I had the documentation from GM in hand I think I can make things go "smoother"...

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
i do believe its plug in, reprogram the computer and your all set...I dont know about documentation...id find a different dealer if you need papers to get anything done...

·
Registered
159 Posts
do a search on this, but long story short...there is a document from G.M on this and yes you do have to re-program. It's stupid easy, dealers are aware, and if you plug and go you will not hurt anything, you just can't extend your mirrors. the signal has to be re-done in the module for the extend to operate.takes about 1-2 minutes to do

1 - 3 of 3 Posts