Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
112,000 miles on flawless truck. Drives great, runs great. However, I went to pound a ford, no power.

Called Kennedy, told me to check fuel filters, lift pumps and trouble codes.

Swapped out both OEM and nicktane, no codes, and the lift pumps work fine. (That's how I primed fuel filters)

Truck does not smoke, and there is no fuel leaks or air leaks in fuel system.

The ECM works fine, I can feel it when I switch tunes in the cab.

Are my injectors failing? Is this related?

When I don't pound on it the truck is perfect. Runs and drive fine. MPH keeps climbing as I throttle, just not nearly as fast as it "used" to be.

I used to make about 30lbs boost on "big" tune, now I can only make 24lbs.:(

Any Help would be appreciated.:)

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one has heard or experienced this?

It almost feels like there is a major restriction? gives impression that I'm pulling a trailer all the time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
hmmmm

TommJr;1600047; said:
No one has heard or experienced this?

It almost feels like there is a major restriction? gives impression that I'm pulling a trailer all the time.

Sounds like you are having a lot of problems. Maybe it is because of how many miles are on it. But i really dont have a clue.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
WHen my truck back in the summer was down on power I had to use my pred to scan and got p1093 low fuel rail pressure. Checked balancing rates at that time and where in spec but barley. 2 weeks later injectors failed.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is low pressure possible with dual lift pumps?

Chris plugged it in with the Snap-On Modus and found no codes.

We didn't look at fuel pressure. Is that something that is measured manually or on the computer?

Next step, If I have low pressure, what normally is the fix?

I had all the Injectors and pump replaced at 28,000 miles, however I have been running the nicktane since 20,000.

I have had the EFI tune on since 100,000 miles. Right after tranny install.

Truck ran flawless. Truck still runs flawless otherwise.

Is this common with a higher H.P. truck with high miles?

Sorry for the nagging post, I'm just depressed about this. I do way more maintenence than the normal guy and I'm not used to break downs.:(

Thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh yeah, all the tell tale signs of injector failure are not present. No smoke, no hard start, no fuel in oil, no leaks.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
If the rail pressure is good and no other signs of injectors going bad then maybe some bad fuel? How cold is it. Mine drove normaly a few weeks back when it was cold but when I got into it it was lazy. Even though I had alot of additive in it it still started getting a wax build up in my filter. I know there has been alot of problems with the new fuel when it's cold. I had to watch my fuel rail pressure with my predator to see what was going on while I drove it. It took running it on the highest setting back then when i only ran the pred to get the p1093 code to come up even though the ses light never came on. Try watching your rail pressure while driving it and see whats going on if you can.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
John Kennedy :) and SteveFord :) are correct. BAD FUEL!

I drained the tank today, put two more new filters on, put a little more FPPF than I normally use in, truck runs great.

Also, I did throw two codes last night:

P0181- Fuel Temp Sensor Signal 'A' out of Range

P1093- Fuel Pressure Low while Power Enrich

I have no Idea what that means. I cleared codes and away I went. All the power is back.:ro)

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
That's great to hear thats all it was.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
TommJr;1601693; said:
John Kennedy :) and SteveFord :) are correct. BAD FUEL!

I drained the tank today, put two more new filters on, put a little more FPPF than I normally use in, truck runs great.

Also, I did throw two codes last night:

P0181- Fuel Temp Sensor Signal 'A' out of Range

P1093- Fuel Pressure Low while Power Enrich

I have no Idea what that means. I cleared codes and away I went. All the power is back.:ro)

Been seeing a snit pot of snitty fuel around here lately. (Eau Claire). Been adding a double dose of Howes along with a double dose of Powerservice. The Howes seems to help more than the PS or FPPF, but who really knows?

jb

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is it the ULSD?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts