Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there all - I am in need of ONE pass. side mirror for my new baby. I just backed out of the garage this morning and broke it...

so if anyone knows where to get one or has ones they want to sell let me know.

Thanks!

Stefan

·
Registered
565 Posts
I need a pair of them, preferrably new with power extending, heated with turn signals.

My truck missed that option and I would like to upgrade to the camper style mirrors.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AAAAANNNNNNNNNYYYYYYYYYYYBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDYYYYYYYYY!????????

·
Registered
196 Posts
shoot I have the power extending and would honestly consider changing to the power folding. Anyone know if this is a easy swap?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it's not too difficult, but I already ordered a set for CHB and I - we are going to split a set...

www.streetinspiredkustoms.com

you can get OEM mirrors from them at the best price I have found anywhere.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Howwwwwwwww muchhhhhhhh?

a price would be nice...

·
Registered
139 Posts
To add power extending mirrors your truck must be equiped with turn signals on the mirrors. and i can get below wholesale.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
GMworldclassmaster said:
To add power extending mirrors your truck must be equiped with turn signals on the mirrors. and i can get below wholesale.

Can you clarify why? I don't think this is the case. I am pretty sure you can change no matter what your stock mirrors are as long as you get a reflash with the proper flash.

·
Registered
139 Posts
There is a service procedure for installing the extenders, Unless you wire it your self. to plug it in like factory you have to have at least 1 type of upgrade.this bulletin referenced turn signal mirrors. I can be more specific with a VIN #.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well - just to put my need to rest, I now have a new mirror installed on my truck. I got it from www.streetinspiredkustoms.com

I got a pair for $400, and sent the one I didn't need to Custom Home Builder... so it all worked out.

Thanks all...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Some customers/dealers have inquired about the new power folding, electrochromic, outside rear view mirrors ( RPO DL3 ), and if they can switch to the new power extending outside camper style mirrors ( RPO DPF ) ? The answer is yes, however, dealer must also reprogram both the driver door module and the passenger door module to accommodate this change. Also, if the vehicle has redundant steering wheel controls, the DIC ( Driver Information Center-Curb view assist message) must be deleted by reprogramming the truck body control module (TCBM).

Please follow this diagnosis process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed. If these steps do not resolve the condition, please contact GM TAC for further diagnostic assistance. This diagnostic approach was developed for the vehicle with the VIN you entered and should not be automatically be used for other vehicles with similar symptoms.

·
Registered
139 Posts
If you don't have DL3 RPO then you'll have to wire the mirrors yourself

no connectors. base power mirrors do not have the harness to control the folding or extending mirrors.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.