Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my OnStar vehicle diagnostics arrived in the email last week it indicated there may be an issue, etc. I got them to perform a remote diagnostic which came back:
Engine/Fuel Control System - Power control module.

I have booked the truck in this week but wonder if anybody can give me a head's up on what to expect?

Thanks,
Don

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I've been know to talk to myself; now I guess that I am writing to myself.

My work order says, "Found DTC P0181. Fuel temp fault. Found no visible faults. Found P.S.B to check block heater. Found grill cover requires removement."

The translation provided by the Service Advisor was that it appeared to have something to do with the block heater usage or use of the front cover. I only plug in, using a timer, when the temperature goes below freezing. I only use the grill portion of the winter cover, not the lower part. While outdoor temperatures have gone into the 40'sF the temperature guage has never gone beyond normal.

BTW while there I convinced them that I need the ECM updates for surge and to provide the fuel filer replacement life. Thanks to forum members for pointing out the availability of these updates.

Don

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
They actually did the ECM updates when you asked??? They didn't have to be threatened by a G.M. Rep??? WOW who is your dealer???
Sounds like a good one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They actually did the ECM updates when you asked??? They didn't have to be threatened by a G.M. Rep??? WOW who is your dealer???
Sounds like a good one.
Well I took the long way around. Rather than ask them to do the updates, I described the problems that they were supposed to fix. The scans could find no problem codes but they did find that updates were available and applied them. They do try to keep me happy because I have bought 7 GMCs from them since 1990 (4 for me, 1 for my wife and 2 for the company I work for).

Unfortunately the update for the seat memory has caused more troubles than it fixed. My driver's side seat no longer heats and my DPF - POWER EXTENDABLE CAMPER MIRRORS no longer extend. Plus (the kicker) my seats still have no memory. I guess I'll have to go back and try again.

Don

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Sounds like what I am going through...Had the seat memory re-flashed last month and now my mirrors don't want to fold in anymore...I couldn't get the updates for the surging problem I was having until I got G.M. Customer Satisfaction Rep involved..I don't know why dealers have such a hard time keeping customers happy...I have been having so much trouble with my area dealers I am thinking about going to Ford or Dodge next time I need a truck, just to see how their service departments size up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think so. On the TIS2WEB site I see that there are several options and I suspect they reflashed the wrong mirror type. As well when I follow the the link on the camper power extedible mirror it says, "Select the Door Module Boot S/W part number, as read with the Tech 2 under diagnostics, from the drop-down list below". There is a 75% chance they picked the wrong one of those, too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like what I am going through...Had the seat memory re-flashed last month and now my mirrors don't want to fold in anymore...I couldn't get the updates for the surging problem I was having until I got G.M. Customer Satisfaction Rep involved..I don't know why dealers have such a hard time keeping customers happy...I have been having so much trouble with my area dealers I am thinking about going to Ford or Dodge next time I need a truck, just to see how their service departments size up.
They reflashed the Driver's Door Module on Saturday (salesman intervened and moved my appointment ahead from Tuesday) and everything is working again. I even got an apology and explanation from the Service Advisor. The explanation (or weak excuse) was that there is generally only one download available for the module/serial number combination, and it will update for options even if the option doesn't exist. In this case they had to manually select the download to match the options.
Don

1 - 7 of 7 Posts