Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please tell me how long the power will sustain in my diesel w/ the juice box?

My previous truck was "Hopped up" and at about 85,000, I noticed it had lost a step. I know it was a gas engine (if that makes any difference) It just seemed that it didn't have what she used to have.

Is my Dmax going to lose it's edge somewhere around 85,000 as well? Or because it's a diesel, it will sustain power beyond 125,000?

Just so you know, if it matters, I do all my maintence, I.E.- oil changes, fuel filters, tranny fluid and filters, differential fluids, transfer case + torque converter, every thing above and beyond what the specs call for. Just so I have peace of mind and know that everything is done right.

With all that being said, am I wasting my money on aftermarket toys that are just going to fizzle out in the near future?

·
Registered
704 Posts
Are you sure you didn't just get so used to the power that you thought it slowed down? I had an 425hp SS Camaro running 12.6 and it felt like it was slowing down, but a quick run down to the track showed that it was just me getting used to the extra power.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts

First off your on the right path of longevity by accelerating maintenance running power enhancements .... Without doubt unless kept to complete moderation things will wear and require maintenance sooner ... Well, GM ups the power by 25 30 HP they don't reinvent the wheel so to speak ... You double that, well you get the idea ...

As far as vapor ware with toadies programmers I don't see that happening .... If you felt a gap in your gasser performance perhaps something was lacking or your quest for more power, as suggested you were use to current power, was never experienced ...

Should you expect lower longevity in over all life of your vehicle, I guess that depends on your right foot and who you talk to.

Life is short, enjoy ....

Mac

1 - 3 of 3 Posts