Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="on">
<T>
<TR height="100%" width="100%" UNABLE="on">
<TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">I'm still working with dealer to drop price on a 2001 2500HD LT CC-SB Dmax w/76000 miles. Even if I get them to drop the price, not knowing the previous owner or how he serviced his truck, are there any red flags or precautions I should have with a dmax having this many miles? I keep reading about the injector problems. Trying not to sound like a complete idot but how big of a deal are the injectors as far as something to worry about. How often do they need to be replaced and how costly is it. Everything about this truck looks clean. I had a tire and suspention friend of mine put the truck up on the hoist. He said the rotors needed to be replaced but everything else looked in good shape. No leaks anywhere. I suppose my question is this, if everything looks and sounds fine, would you buy this truck or look for one with lower miles. And what problems should I be on guard for. Thanks</TD></TR>
<TR hb_tag="1" UNABLE="on">
<TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="on">
<DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
check for hole in manifold (edge removal)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Aside from injectors, MY Dmax has been sound. At 76K, maybe you will get lucky and they will be replaced B4 warranty expires. Kevin...

·
Registered
909 Posts
You could also negotiate an extended warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts