Diesel Place banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Worst in my experience was when I put on a set of Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armors. I still remember pulling out of the shop and took my first corner. It was so bad I pulled over to the side of the road because I was certain they didn't tighten the lug nuts enough and a wheel was about to come off. But all was tight. It was terrible for the first few thousand plus I grew accustomed. They did stick like a cat on carpet in the snow though. Since both those qualities are mutually inclusive. My Cooper Discoverer At3's mind you, had no such squirm ever. Very tight. But their traction dropped off sooner and they were inferior from the get go in the snow.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Just got the aforementioned yokohama geolander a/t-s's on the truck last night to replace the cooper discovere at-3's that, despite having about a 1/4" of tread left were the most useless truck tire I have ever had in the winter. the yoko's are very impressive int he snow. Almost as good as the silent armors's were but with better handling. I would say the yoko's new handling is right in between the instability of the silent armors (being the worst) and the discoverer at-3's (the best). In my experience of course. It seems instability and great winter traction go hand in hand for obvious reasons.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.