Diesel Place banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Every tire on the market regardless of tread pattern, tire size, etc will be squirrelly when new for a few thousand miles. Doesnt matter if it's on a duramax or a honda civic. Just more pronounced on the heavier vehicles.
I'm running Goodyear Duratracs and I experienced the same issue when they were new for a couple thousand miles. Now they are incredibly stable on the highway, still very quiet considering the tread pattern and have held up quite well so far.
I have run Maxxis Mudders in the past on the same truck which are like the old buckshot mudder tire from years past. Super hard tire that road like a wagon with steel tires and they were just as squirrelly when new.
You just have to remind yourself of this and give the tires a few thousand miles of settling time before getting into them. I've often wondered about the folks you see every day at tire shops loading on new shoes for a long trip. I just cannot even imagine how miserable those first few thousand miles must be for the driver and family.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.