Registered
9,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post it up, any make, model will do. Here are a few to start! :eek:

My Mini van dropping some valves on a leisurely cruise, :(

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,742 Posts
Nothing really major, guy I got the 84 K20 said it had lots of blow by, he figured the Banks turbo was toast, I evidence of a different problem...

A hole in one piston and 2 others that were cracked.

This motor is still a lawn ornament out in my yard LOL

·
respect the DB4 5722....
12,490 Posts
starting a trend of lawn ornaments, and holed pistons....

Attachments

Reactions: Bigboytoys

·
respect the DB4 5722....
12,490 Posts
another of redblock with main "cracks" lol.... see the yellow marker? that was the contractor that builds motors for canada post, marking the cracks, then built the motor...:think:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Them is the best pics of main cracks Ive seen, nice and clear to!:hehe:

·
Registered
9,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Turbonator, that 2nd pic is scary, not much longer before it became removable, :whistle: :hehe: :bow:

·
respect the DB4 5722....
12,490 Posts
Turbonator, that 2nd pic is scary, not much longer before it became removable, :whistle: :hehe: :bow:
some where we have a pic of a piece of the main in hand.....:eek:... i will try and find it....BRB:)

okay, these are engines we tore down last fall when we blew our engine, the broken crank is from a truck we bought to part out and use pieces for the tahoe diesel swap, the cracka and chunk came out of one of the best running engines we got from canada post.... warning, these are extremely disconcerting pics, view at your own risk

:ro):wtf::ro):nono::shake:Censored:think::HiHi::HiHi::HiHi::hehe:

Attachments

·
respect the DB4 5722....
12,490 Posts
Post it up, any make, model will do. Here are a few to start! :eek:

My Mini van dropping some valves on a leisurely cruise, :(

^^^^^^fun thread^^^^

·
Registered
9,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Damn, awesome breakage pics. :bow:

^^^^^^fun thread^^^^
Its fun until you have to pay, :( :hehe:

I have lots more, but no diesel stuff yet!

·
respect the DB4 5722....
12,490 Posts
Damn, awesome breakage pics. :bow:

Its fun until you have to pay, :( :hehe:

I have lots more, but no diesel stuff yet!
we never busted anything yet, turned bearings, galled a piston, thats it... i need to find a pic of that crank journal....:thumb:

·
Registered
6,198 Posts
Here's some 10b front axles that gave up climbing out of a ditch, I was even easy on the peddle.....

And a side note, the shifter rod end on my quad, been cracked for a long time I guess by the corrosion, this broke after a 2 day 140 mile swamp hell ride in late September in below freezing weather packing all food and fuel.... across no where, I got really lucky.....

Attachments

·
respect the DB4 5722....
12,490 Posts
Here's some 10b front axles that gave up climbing out of a ditch, I was even easy on the peddle.....

And a side note, the shifter rod end on my quad, been cracked for a long time I guess by the corrosion, this broke after a 2 day 140 mile swamp hell ride in late September in below freezing weather packing all food and fuel.... across no where, I got really lucky.....
on the 4 wheeler, did it bust off inside the case? or is there meat left sticking out?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
This is what I arrived to at work Saturday night.. truck on the right is owned by my company. Truck on the left his an owner oporator who bought is truck from my company...
I know not the carnage we were looking for here. But its what I'm dealing with right now. Two completely destroyed potato wagons, and two very seriously damaged trucks..Our wagon(on right) was a 2011 Great Dane with a lift axle...
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,742 Posts
This is what I arrived to at work Saturday night.. truck on the right is owned by my company. Truck on the left his an owner oporator who bought is truck from my company...
I know not the carnage we were looking for here. But its what I'm dealing with right now. Two completely destroyed potato wagons, and two very seriously damaged trucks..Our wagon(on right) was a 2011 Great Dane with a lift axle...

:eek: Brakes stick?

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
Y'all are trying to start a thread just for me... Cant find my picture of 8 broken rocker shafts...

Blown up timing chain and cam retainer.

What was breaking my rockers... They valvetrain assembled wrong...

Busted rockers and bent push rods. I kept one bent rod for posterity, others I scrapped.

First motor I tore apart.

Output shaft to an old BMW 2002 tranny I had.

Rusted in ball joint nut from my BMW 2002

Heater fuse in my works 92 C2500 box truck

BMW 2002 Headgasket failure

Trailer brakes on a trailer that came into work at my last job... (this crap was more regular than you'd think, like 50% of boat trailers came in with non functioning brakes...)

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
:eek: Brakes stick?
Short in the trailer wiring most likely. They had been sitting there since Friday morning. Our driver started the truck to warm it up and left. Came back to that 20 min later. Something in the abs circuit in the very front of the trailer. That's the only thing that had power back there

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,742 Posts
Trailer brakes on a trailer that came into work at my last job... (this crap was more regular than you'd think, like 50% of boat trailers came in with non functioning brakes...)

I will see your toasted brake shoe and raise you no brake shoe ):h

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
roadhog0;57/ said:
I see this a lot as well. Normally on heavy duty goosenecks. They suck

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
I will see your toasted brake shoe and raise you no brake shoe ):h

I forgot that you had an axle that didnt have any brakes! That was so damn funny the first time I saw it!!

I see this a lot as well. Normally on heavy duty goosenecks. They suck

Yah, it's amazing how many people just dont take care of their trailers. The shop I worked at in the summer was the number one shop in the region for trailer disc brake conversions. Damn did I swap out a lot of drums!!

·
Registered
6,198 Posts
Kabooommm!!!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 900 Posts