Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I am going to buy a 6" lift here in about a week or less and install it myself. I am running 20" Rubicon wheels already and 305x50x20 Kuhmo Ecstas. I want to lift the truck with the torsions totally relaxed but am wondering what it will look like. Anyone out there running a 6" lift and 305's??? If so please post some pics. I would eventually like to go to a 35" tire, but will have to wear these down unless they look completely ridiculous. Any pics would be great. thanks Jordan

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Im running a set of 305/70/17s. Look in my garage for pics.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone out there running this setup but with 20" wheels. Pics please...
thanks

·
Registered
206 Posts
Which lift are you going with? My understanding is that the CST and Cognito lifts will result in minimum CV joint angle. I'm running an RCD lift but do not off-road agressively... only use off-road to chase down my kids when they wreck, or sight-see in high sierra ghost towns. Search shows that most failure of CV joints with "spindle-type" lifts are under severe off-road use and/or 4WD launches. I also have Weld Rubicon 20's with Nitto Terra Grapplers LT325/60R20' s. See my Garage for pics.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For cost reasons, I think that I am going to go with a Pro-comp lift with the MX6 adjustable shocks. I can get the kit for under $1300 and just install it myself. I know that there are better kits out there but I don't want to spend $3000 bucks just to lift my truck. I think it will look nice and perform well, I also don't do any aggressive offroading. Only pull the 5th wheel to the sand dunes or El Golfo and then play on the quads. So offroading is not an issue. thanks for all the help. I do like your truck though DuramaxDoc:grd: , wish I had 325's like yours but maybe I will after these wear out. I am going for the looks of yours overall, I was just curious what mine would look like with 305's

·
Registered
19 Posts
For cost reasons, I think that I am going to go with a Pro-comp lift with the MX6 adjustable shocks. I can get the kit for under $1300 and just install it myself. I know that there are better kits out there but I don't want to spend $3000 bucks just to lift my truck. I think it will look nice and perform well, I also don't do any aggressive offroading. Only pull the 5th wheel to the sand dunes or El Golfo and then play on the quads. So offroading is not an issue. thanks for all the help. I do like your truck though DuramaxDoc:grd: , wish I had 325's like yours but maybe I will after these wear out. I am going for the looks of yours overall, I was just curious what mine would look like with 305's
You probably already have thought about it but your lifting your truck will affect the clearance of the RV over your bed rails. Make sure you have enough adjustment on your hitch and also your pin box to compensate the lift. :grd:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I did already think of that. I already flipped the axels on the trailer, and can adjust the hitch, where I need it. I think I will be ok. I don't have to tow it very far, I only live about 15 minutes from the Imperial Sand Dunes.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just had the 6" Pro Comp lift installed and love it.. I like chose this lift because I thought it looked better than the Fab Tech(front tires stick too far out).:grd:

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
A set of spacers cure that :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts