Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GOODS NEWS GUYS,

Yestertday I took pics of my post OEM Cat 2 micron fuel filter installation in to the service manager at Edmark GMC in Nampa Id & ask him for his opinion on it & if I had voided my engine warranty. He looked at them & said he saw no problem, but the area factory rep was coming in this afternoon & he would like to get her opinion on it. Well, she also saw no problem, but also made copys of all my pics so that she could get the same setup installed on her DMAX.
He also went out today & inspected my truck & gave me a letter saying the install was properly done. Seems like the door is opening.
He said the rep told him the factory is very concered about the injector problem & they are working on it.

Incidently the rep in this area is a graduate automotive engineer, very sharp gal.

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
You got my OK

·
Registered
433 Posts
Since they know that it is and has been an issue. I wonder if they will put out a recall on this to have it taken care of? Or will they just put it in a BSD and have the consumer pay for it, if warrenty is gone.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Since it aint a safety issue, I'd bet there is zero chance of this being a recall.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Though this is not a GM blessing, it is good news. I too have a CAT post filter installed. Mine is mounted in the Frank Blum (Lone Eagle) configuration, which is above the PS pump. I had it in the Kennedy position, but suffered from loss of prime (air) and had to hit the priming pump far too often. Since I moved it to the higher position (though its only been about 2 weeks) I have had no air issues. (BTW, I stopped in UT and met Frank, very nice & Knowledgable guy. We both agree that this filter position is far to convenient and successful to ignore)

Chipper, If I need it, could you provide your area rep's name? If I have to argue with the GM service group down here in AZ, I would like to refer to the "rep in this area is a graduate automotive engineer" in Idaho.

BTW, I am going to print this thread and keep it in the console if I need it!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine is also mounted on the A/C bolts above the P/S pump

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, I'm new to this forum, and I'd like some information on improving the OEM fuel filtering system. I'm concerned about poor fuel quality and injector problems.

What aftermarket filter setup is everyone buying? Where can I find them on the internet? And, can someone suply a picture or two regarding installation? I like the idea of hanging it from the AC bolts, but I'd sure like to see a picture of someone's that has it installed.

Thanks in advance...

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Here's mine...

Pictures

Racor Part List....
600 Filter Head (Head has all 3/8 NPT Female Ports)
S90 Filter Cartridge (2 Micron)
(8) Feet 1/2" ID Premium Fuel Hose
(2) 3/8 NPT Male Pushlock Fittings for 1/2" ID Fuel Hose
(1) 3/8 NPT Male All Brass Radiator Petcock for Bleeding
(4) Suitable Hose Clamps for the Fuel Line
One Length of approx. 1-1/2 angle iron for Bracket (Home Depot's Largest)
Hardware for mounting and attaching at your discretion.

·
Registered
994 Posts
What aftermarket filter setup is everyone buying? Where can I find them on the internet? And, can someone suply a picture or two regarding installation? I like the idea of hanging it from the AC bolts, but I'd sure like to see a picture of someone's that has it installed.

Follow this link for 56Nomad's summary post. There are many links within the post on various installations (including pictures).

http://forum.thedieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=006502

1 - 9 of 9 Posts