Diesel Place banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished mounting a Cat 1R0750 fuel filter today. I used the Permacool head & mounted the bracket on the A/C bolts as per Lone Eagles install. A simple install, took about 2 hrs. After installation it took about 60 pumps on the primer to fill everything. Started right up as it normally does. I will post again if any problems develop.

The service mgr at Cat said IMHO all the new diesels with the high rail pressure will have problems if they don't add 2 micron filters

·
Registered
665 Posts
Gene to you have a picture of the installation.Thanks.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No pics Bill,
Go to Lone Eagles web page below. I made my mounting bkt out of 1 piece of 1/4" alum plate otherwise very similiar. He has about 30 pics.Nice clean install, easy to service.

LinkEdited by: hoot

·
Registered
665 Posts
Gene what does IHMO mean and is the Pemacool head a Cat product or what? Rhanks. Bill

·
Registered
490 Posts
Bill, IMHO means "In My Humble Opinion". The Permacool head is not a Cat product. They are available here: http://www.summitracing.com. They are cheaper than a Cat head, and use NPT fittings instead of the Boss O-Ring fittings the Cat head uses.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bill, here is the pic you requested

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First try failed,I will try again

·
Registered
361 Posts
My thoughts are that any additional filteration has to be a LOT better than just the OEM. Are you guys saying their is no or less warranty issues with the post oem system ? I like the idea of a post OEM systmem better as it seems easier to install and I spend a lot of time off road. The idea of a fuel filter underneath lower than the fuel tank does not leave me with happy thoughts for my use. Does anyone offer a complete bolt on system that is reasonably simple to install ?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Look at Kennedy's Mega filter.

2 micron can be installed Post or Pre OEM. Installing under the air filter.

Took me about 1.5 hours to install and the longest time was taking out the wheel well.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I have a Mega on my 3500. Because or rust found in my OEM filters, I like the ideal of Post OEM filtration. The kit to install the Mega is first class but be advised that for many of us it will take an additional installation of a lift pump to make the entire fuel filtration system operate smoothly. I am looking forward to installing a pump as quickly as John Kennedy or George Morrison have one available ... Jim

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Try this link to see my engine mounted filter. Later! Frank (Lone Eagle)

LINKEdited by: hoot

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
I'm a little sloppy on the install....

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
tinyurl.com

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am real new at this. Only 500 miles on new 2004. What are the pros and cons of pre and post filters? Is there a better replacement filter for the OEM filter or not?

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Cole,

there is no other replacement for the OEM. so far all vendors are simplying re-branding the OEM racor unit.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts