Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if things don't change quickly in my truck pulling association for the upcoming year, i'm strongly thinking about going to drag racing instead. i'd like to know what you guys reccomend for tires(size and brand) and wheels(size). the track that i'd be going to is only 1/8 th mile also.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
if things don't change quickly in my truck pulling association for the upcoming year, i'm strongly thinking about going to drag racing instead. i'd like to know what you guys reccomend for tires(size and brand) and wheels(size). the track that i'd be going to is only 1/8 th mile also.
I've always raced in the past with what was on the truck. Stockers, AT's, etc. I have mudders on the truck now, so I'll be getting a set of Toyo Proxies 275/70/16 for the track. I cut 1.6's 60'times with just street tires and good track prep.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Toyo proxies

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys

·
Registered
467 Posts
why can't you do both, I know you are having trouble with the rules but I would say do as much as you can

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pulling and racing hit on the same weekends up here, and with them wanting air shutoffs and tranny blankets for my daily driver just to pull it aint going to happen. racing is a lot less stressful right now if that's what it comes to.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
would the toyo open country at's do ok? they look decent and are cheap. also which proxes are you talking about because there are several choices.

·
Gone but not forgotten member
11,311 Posts
Toyo proxes s/t.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.