Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With 125k what should I look out for ? I test drove it last week and it seemed almost as good as the 05 I crashed.... ??? Any ideas ? Thanks -Andy

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
just the normal stuff: injector replacement, hole in the t-case, worn out pitman and idler arms, front wheel bearings. thats just to name a few things i would take a look at or ask about. also might wanna run a vin number check and/or carfax. good luck with the possible new to you truck!

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
X2, especially the t-case, it is a hidden virus like cancer.

·
Registered
289 Posts
caswell;1577749; said:
been there on the t-case...... good thing for warranty
Do all 01-02's wear holes in the T-case? Does it wear through from the inside out or from outside rubbing? Mine has 90K and no hole yet, but i dont know where to look! Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
inside out, and look at the drain plug of the t-case, count 5 case half bolts to the right, and look at the tailshaft area. You will know you have the hole if you have fluid in the case, it will coat the underside of the truck, unless you are going slower than 20 MPH then it will just mark the trail on the ground of fluid until about 1 and 1/2 quart is gone, then it may last for another 1-5000 miles before it starts singing.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok , kool what is the story on the tcase ? Is it a recall type thing ,or ? Will a power steering pump from an 05 LLY fit an 02 LB7 ?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Tolliwacker;1577792; said:
inside out, and look at the drain plug of the t-case, count 5 case half bolts to the right, and look at the tailshaft area. You will know you have the hole if you have fluid in the case, it will coat the underside of the truck, unless you are going slower than 20 MPH then it will just mark the trail on the ground of fluid until about 1 and 1/2 quart is gone, then it may last for another 1-5000 miles before it starts singing.

Thanks Tolliwacker.

My truck is at the dealership now and they are locating and fixing an oil leak (they think rear main seal or oil pan gasket) and i think they are removing the T-case to check... when i speak with the service manager today ill ask him how my T-case looks.

Is there a fix (besides waiting for it to rub through then replacing/fixing it) for this? Something I can do to prevent it??? Thanks again

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
John LegionST;1577951; said:
Thanks Tolliwacker.

My truck is at the dealership now and they are locating and fixing an oil leak (they think rear main seal or oil pan gasket) and i think they are removing the T-case to check... when i speak with the service manager today ill ask him how my T-case looks.

Is there a fix (besides waiting for it to rub through then replacing/fixing it) for this? Something I can do to prevent it??? Thanks again
yes, i believe eric at merchant automotive sells the "cure" for the t-case. he is a vendor on this site.

·
Registered
289 Posts
myojunk;1577977; said:
yes, i believe eric at merchant automotive sells the "cure" for the t-case. he is a vendor on this site.

how much work is involved in installing the "cure" and about how much do the parts cost? This would be something I'd do over summer...

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
John LegionST;1578030; said:
how much work is involved in installing the "cure" and about how much do the parts cost? This would be something I'd do over summer...

Thanks.
i havent did it, mine is not leaking yet. but is prolly wearing through as i type. the work does not look to be that bad though from what i have read on here. Tolliwacker fixed his, he would be the guy to ask. i think he is in the process of writing a "how to" guide. i believe the pricing info is listed on erics site. i looked last night and im thinking $250ish.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
6.2 M1008;1578310; said:
:eek:: On different note :

Will an 05 power steering pump fit/work on my new to me 02 ?
i cant help ya with that. just gonna have to try and see i guess (often times it sucks being the test mule though)

is your 02 pump bad?

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Yes 250 for the pump, and about 7 bucks for the sealant for the t-case halves to go together, and I bought the gasket for the t-case to tranny from Eric at the same time I bought the pump ugrade for 5 bucks. So about 262 and change and a couple of hours labor, and I should have the directions finished at the end of next week.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No as far as I know it isnt. But I was hoping I could swap them or keep the new one for a spare but they picked up the wreck today. Oh well.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
myojunk;1577203; said:
just the normal stuff: injector replacement, hole in the t-case, worn out pitman and idler arms, front wheel bearings. thats just to name a few things i would take a look at or ask about. also might wanna run a vin number check and/or carfax. good luck with the possible new to you truck!
X2 I bought a truck in Wisconsin, i live in Utah, and i did the carfax deal and then had the vin run by a local GMC dealer. The truck is great. If you don't mind me askin how much are the asking for it? I paid 23 out the door for mine, just curious.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
mxrider801;1579607; said:
X2 I bought a truck in Wisconsin, i live in Utah, and i did the carfax deal and then had the vin run by a local GMC dealer. The truck is great. If you don't mind me askin how much are the asking for it? I paid 23 out the door for mine, just curious.
When did you buy yours? I just picked mine up here in OK with 88k miles on it for $16K. I ran a VIN on mine and the only issue it had was a PS pump change 50K miles ago.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have an 02 CC. So far I have replaced the tailgate cables, NSBU switch, driver heated mirror, leather on bottom 1/2 of driver seat X 2 so far under warranty.

Not covered was the driver side power window mechanism.

So you may want to check these items as well as the tie rods, T case, bearings, etc as mentioned already.

Other than these items it's been a really good truck. :eek::

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
bowtie;1579826; said:
When did you buy yours? I just picked mine up here in OK with 88k miles on it for $16. I ran a VIN on mine and the only issue it had was a PS pump change 50K miles ago.

I picked it up at the end of Jan. 06. It had 34.5k on it and had the nsbu(or whatever) swithch changed and the tailgate straps under warranty. I got a good deal because Chevy was still doing that employee pricing. Sounds like you got a pretty good deal yourself, prices have gone back up. I rememer when I first started looking there was an 03' CC in Texas for 21,000 with only 21000 miles. I called and it had already been sold but wow what a deal.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts