Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyony know anything about these?

I saw these while looking thru a magazine called "Specialty Automotive Magazine" at the Line-X dealer last week. It was the Sept/Oct 2003 edition.

Going to http://www.rpminnovations.com/http://www.visionview.com I find no reference to these mirrors. From the Vision View site I am wondering if they are the parent company of Cipa or if they are just a distributor for Cipa mirrors.

Sometime last summer on one of the forums I was reading, I remember a reply in one of the threads where someone was claiming to be a distributor for Cipa mirrors. He made mention to a new upcoming Cipa towing mirror that closely resembles the Furd towing mirrors. Never saw anything more about it, until possibly now.

Edited by: Goin Camping

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Goin Camping,

What does it say under the Mirror Mirror at the bottom of that ad?

They look very promising.

The link you gave has nothing to do with mirrors.

Onedit: the ph# on that ad is the # to CIPAEdited by: WanaDmxsub

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WanaDmxsub,

Thanks on the link error, I corrected it.

Under Mirror Mirror it says "Towing Mirrors"

Ref: the phone number, Yea I too had found it on the Cipa site.

I want to get rid of these GM power extend tow mirrors real bad. They don't extend quite far enough to see around my trailer. I am annoyed by the fact that they don't stick out perpendicular to the vehicle, they angle back and the glass surface must be 8"-10" behind the leading edge of the windows. This causes me to need to turn my head excessively to look in the mirrors rather than a quick glance of the eyes to check the mirrors. I'll wind up buying a set of TTT mirrors if I can't find anything better, even though I don't like the looks of em.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Here is the link I found but it's just a "mirror"
of your link.

http://www.VisionViewMirrors.com

I agree, the stock extending mirrors suck. I have a set of these so that I can cover the blind spots, but I can't see down the PS of the trailer or if any one is behind me.

·
Registered
91 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
IMHO those look way better than the TTT mirrors, I wish they'd been available before I bought mine..

·
Registered
958 Posts
Indeed, they look identical to me. I've always liked the Ford towing mirrors.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I called the number (888-776-6758) and got some more info on these mirrors. Here's the story.

They have been advertising them for several months, but they are just now becoming available. They will be available for many GM, Ford, and Dodge applications.

They come in 3 models:

Manual - Currently priced at $299 w/ free shipping. This model is currently available for new style GM trucks.

Basic - Includes Electric control and Heat. $349 w/ free shipping. Should be available for new style GM trucks in 60 days.

Deluxe - Electric, Heat, optional chrome cover included, and integrated turn signal. $399 These should also be available for new style GM trucks in 60 days.

She is sending me more info and pictures. Will update when/if I get more info.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I'm curious, it says it comes with a "reflector" and an optional turn signal. I wonder if it has the marker light on the front outside edge like the TTT or Ford mirrors have, or just a reflector in its place.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I just called them and they are located in Saint Clair Shores, Michigan. They will be putting out the deluxe mirror that has the turn signal in a couple of months. Right now they are only reflectors though. The light/signal would be cool, but its another 50 smackers!

I am going to check these mirrors out this afternoon and maybe have to pick up a set. Need to do a trial evaluation for you all!!!

·
Registered
687 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nassdmax,

I'd be interested in how far out these can extend. The GM power extenders don't go out far enough. The TTT's go out far enough, but I like the shape of these better.

There is a 5" convex mirror available for the Ford Factory extenders http://www.qwks.com/xcart/catalog/CBetr_Mirror_Set_p_3.html. I'd be interested in adapting these to fit this new product.

Yea, I like big mirrors.

Give us a good review...

·
Registered
958 Posts
WTF, the deluxe is only good for '02 and older trucks?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Camstyn said:
Indeed, they look identical to me. I've always liked the Ford towing mirrors.

Close, but not exact. I plow with a F550 with the towing mirrors. They are definately nicer than my stock mirrors on my '03. I would be very interested in getting a set of these.

If anyone tries then let us know.

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just called the company and they said that if I have manual towing mirrors from Chev these mirrors will not work. She said they only work if you have the small no-towing mirrors. What is with that I "think" they are the same mount, but maybe not.

·
Registered
687 Posts
They said that there is a wiring changer to the 03 wiring scheme... They also said they will be fixing that up and get the 03-06 lineup covered...

check out this for specs...

http://www.visionviewmirrors.com/comparison_chart_extendable_replacement_mirrors.htm

It looks like the mirror head would start ~17" from the truck. WAAAYYY more than the stockers.

BTW, I do not work for this company nor am benefitting from this discussion. I am just really interested in getting a set of good mirrors.

Later, MN.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
bumping

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I originally loved the 03 factory extendable tow mirrors, but after about 30,000 miles, they seem to vibrate alot, at higher speeds.

Its kind of an expensive upgrade to buy aftermarket mirrors, but if the new shocks don't help with this,and if I got some extra $$ burning a hole in my pocket (I wish) I just might change. I have always liked the ford mirrors, and I have also seen alot of the TTT mirrors recently, They look pretty cool.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Make the fronts have marker lights, and add a downward shining "puddle" light and they'd be perfect.

The LED turn signals in mirrors is cool stuff!

GM needs to get with the program on TOWING mirrors. Give the engineering job to a full time camper or hauler that has to look around a 102" wide trailer every day. Not some fresh out of college geek.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts