Diesel Place banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was under my truck about a month ago and noticed some oil on the tranny housing (see pic). The truck has 30K on it and I've never wiped any of this off. In other words, this is the total leak.

After seeing it, I wiped it off and checked again this weekend and look like a very slight amount has seeped back. You guys have any ideas on what this may be? I still have the warranty and will definitely take it in, but just wanted to have some understanding of what it might be.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
IIRC, that looks like what I described as an oil leak on my '07 Classic. do a search for that thread.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IIRC, that looks like what I described as an oil leak on my '07 Classic. do a search for that thread.
Any chance you can post a link to it? Searching for "oil leak" is like trying to spot Bruce Lee in China town.

Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
5,174 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Looks exactly like a leak my 02 LB7 had with about 50,000 miles on it.The only thing I could find was a oil pan bolt that was not tight,the bolt was actually on the drivers side rear and after tightening it I thought that would never cure the oil leak being on wrong side of engine.Well it never leaked again or till I traded the truck off at 78,000 miles.Evidently air movement under the engine drove the oil up the bellhousing on oposite side!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts