Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy from GM powertrain said he heard from his parts warranty contact that the new guidance for "injector-related problems" will be to replace all injectors. They've been talking with Bosch (who will be reducing their price to GM) and that's the general agreement. This is better news than just replacing 4-5 like they did when my '03 sierra wouldn't start, but maybe they should just own up to providing better filtration or advise owners to bring the truck in for fuel filter replacement more often (covered by warranty). If we could only remove the bean-counters from the equation........

Steve

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
WOW.... that's great news! Hope it pans out.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Hope they have enough "in-stock" parts!! It seems like people are always saying they have to wait a week to get the parts to replace one or two injectors. If they start replacing all eight, they had better kick-up the production rate.

If nothing else, they should replace all four injectors on one side at a time. As long as you have the valve covers off to replace one, you might as well get the other three.

Other than that, it sounds really postive. Hopefully it is a good rumor.Edited by: OC_DMAX

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I have heard we will soon be replacing all injectors on med duty trucks if they have already been in the shop for a previous injector concern.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
wow that is one heck of a turnaround. Although truthfully it'll probably be cheaper to have a warranty job done right the first time rather than going back in 2 or 3 at a time to replace injectors.

Than again, I'd gladly pull off my Cat secondary if they'd force Racor to recall the current design of the filter and put in a much tighter one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts