Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the same problem in this thread: Bad injection pump
and went through the steps with my '99, after lots of new parts (filters, batteries, glow plugs, glow plug relay, glow plug wires, starter, lift pump, ground wires, vented fuel cap, etc), and much time cleaning connections & replacing parts) still just cranks won't start, getting all sorts of fuel out of the T.

Then disconnected optical sensor, tried to start several times, at first got a small drip of fuel at the disconnected injector, after several tries started but ran rough (limp mode), started it several times then connected optical sensor won't start.

Removed top off the top of injection pump, cleaned the dirty lense of the optical sensor, put it back together, connected optical sensor, after several tries started right up, in fact ran great, better than it ever had...for a while until it died again.

Now, cranks, tries to start for a second, then dies... Disconnected optical sensor, no start several times, reconnected optical sensor, still no start...

Yes, getting 8psi fuel at the T, disconnected the lines from the injectors, dry...How to test the injection pump solenoid and its wiring? (Is the injection pump solenoid replaceable?). I'm just about ready to give up on this truck, not going to replace the injection pump.

Any help would be appreciated, thx in advance.

·
Registered
1995 GMC Suburban
17,829 Posts
Did you try a KNOWN WORKING PMD?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts