Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I get up to 55 or higher on the hwy. I hear a popping noise that sounds like it's coming from the roof. I thought it was my extended mirrors but I took them off. Could it be my vent shields above the windows? Help!

·
Registered
2020 Chevy 2500HD LTZ Z71
644 Posts
It is probably the roof itself. That CC roof is enormous.

Kevin

·
Registered
74 Posts
do you also have a bug shield on if you do it is the trim around the windshield that is making the noise just get some windshield sealant and go up both sides of the windshield and across the top under the rubber seal and glue it to the window

·
Registered
446 Posts
HDINNC-

Do you have a bug deflector? Mine has caused the windshield molding going up the A pillar to flap, almost sounds like large rain drops hitting the windshield. Some people have glued the molding down with good results.

·
Registered
446 Posts
whiteeye42-

Man your fast! You got yours posted befor me.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for the help, I will check into it!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Could it be Santa Clause and 8 tiny reindeer?

Merry Christmas

·
Registered
428 Posts
ANOTHER THING IT COULD BE IS THE RUBBER FLAPS THAT COVER THE HOOD HINGES. THEY MAKE AN AWFUL NOISE.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
whiteeye42 said:
do you also have a bug shield on if you do it is the trim around the windshield that is making the noise just get some windshield sealant and go up both sides of the windshield and across the top under the rubber seal and glue it to the window

I have noise that sounds like sand hitting the windshield when I do over 65 mph. The "stealer" told me last week it was the windshield moulding. He advised taking it to autoglass and have them calk it.

True, who knows?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Well one way to find out for sure is to remove the bug shield and get up to 65 or whatever and see if the noise is gone, then go put the bug guard back on and try again. If the noise is back then it is the rubber windshield moulding that needs to be re-sealed. Dealer won't do it as bug guard is aftermarket. If you had the dealer put it on then you might be able to get them to seal the windshield.

Most of us have this problem and it is because the airflow is changed with the bug guard. The rubber moulding is not "tight" at the edges and actually flaps or pops....sounds like you are riding behind a sand truck or big rain drops are hitting your windshield or roof.

Easy fix, however, some have used small double sided tape under the rubber to hold it to the glass better.

Good Luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts