Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When ever I turn to the left I have a popping noise from the front end. I checked both my cv axles and the boots look fine. Is there something else to look into or can the cv axles go bad even with a good boot?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I had the same thing, it was the transmission lines hitting the center link. The clip holding the lines to the engine unclipped and let the lines droop. Clipped back in and been fine since.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just had the same issue with my truck. I had to replace the front hubs and the left inner tie-rod.
Front hubs: 475.00 for both and the tie-rod was 140.00 installed. Then have the front end aligned.
To check the front hubs; jack the tires off the ground and place one hand on the top and the other on the bottom of the tire. Now, see if there is any movement when you try to move the tire up or down. Any slop, replace hubs. When hubs are replaced check the tie-rods. Hands 9 and 3 to see if there is movement. You may won't to let the tire shop check and replace them.

I did the hubs and the tire shop did the tie-rod and alignment. I saved 500.00 doing the hubs myself.

Hope this helps!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.