Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm feeling a "pop" through the steering wheel and hear the same. I know this is kinda vague info...any ideas?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
intermediate shaft. Do a search and you will find loads of info.

·
Registered
29 Posts
kozzer1;1591677; said:
I'm feeling a "pop" through the steering wheel and hear the same. I know this is kinda vague info...any ideas?
Just had my intermediate steering shaft replaced and that took care of the problem. Had it done under warranty but the entire bill was only $157.00

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just bought an extended warranty through Fidelity but is was replaced under the 36/36.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Is that part number for the new shaft 19153614? I wonder how hard it is to replace it?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mine does the same thing.. i did some research on here and found out what it was myself. I am thinking that I am going to just change it myself...

·
Registered
830 Posts
you need to go to the dealer and have them good will it. this is a problem we have had since 99 when they brought these stupid steering shafts out. just talk to the service manager and let them know what is going on. they should take care of you!

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Could also be the steering box. I would check it by having someone turn the wheel while watching it from underneath.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
ZL-1;1654673; said:
Is that part number for the new shaft 19153614? I wonder how hard it is to replace it?
Anyone?

·
Registered
146 Posts
do you hear this when going over bumps in road or going in a parking lot?

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
ABMB;1654514; said:
Silverado5747 -
Why $157? I had mine done under the 36/36 and no charge.
I think he is saying that it would have cost $157 if not covered by warranty.

·
Registered
29 Posts
That 157.00 was teh cost to GM. The total parts and labor. You'r right it didn't cost me a dime, only loosing the truck for a day.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts